BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Psyschological theories

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Significant other
Spain

Psyschological theories

Post by Significant other »

The obsesive neurosis:
intrusive toughts,doubts....
I'm reading the first teoríes from Freud,Clerambault,Lacan,etc...
It's very complicated,and I don't know where is my target .I'm trying understand.
Freud talks about fixation and regression Of the sadistic anal phase of the psyschosexual maturation.The kid plays hiding and showing toys,etc...imitating the presence or absence Of the mother,giving him presents (poops) or punishing .
But this is an unconscious process.( In the pre Edipo complex)
Lacan explain the obsessions with the imposibility Of the ghost traversal ,And then the Desire Of the Other (mother,in the jouissance graph) is changed for the neurotic's own demand.
Both argue that healing happens by making ,through the Word,the unconscious (bad structured) into conscious ( Symbolic,Lacan).
During the treatment a Transfer Whit the analyst is necessary...
But this is only from the Malé point of view....( They use concepts Of phallus,castration,etc....).
I will continue with Jung,Melanie Klein,etc...
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: Psyschological theories

Post by David »

Significant other wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:23 pm
I will continue with Jung,Melanie Klein,etc...
Thats some heavy reading there!
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
Significant other
Spain

Post by Significant other »

Yes,but I find It very interesting as a fan.The most shocking are the definitions of Jacques Lacan,like this "There is no Other Of the Other",a genius!
JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux »

Significant other wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:02 pm Yes,but I find It very interesting as a fan.The most shocking are the definitions of Jacques Lacan,like this "There is no Other Of the Other",a genius!
Another good back-door into Lacan is Annie Rogers' "The Unsayable: The Hidden Language of Trauma." In a recent video here, David talked about shame, which I too feel is more powerful than most give it credit for. Shame forces silence upon us, both from without and within, and that silence is the opposite of discourse where the dirty laundry gets aired. In that dungeon of silence, trauma and injury 'hide' from definition....from our attempts to label and describe associated feelings, meanings and impact. I have mixed feelings about Jordan Peterson, but he seemed to give a good overview of the Jungian notion that artists often are trying to use sounds, color, image, poetry, etc. to express the 'Unsayable'.....that which most human languages can't describe or have great difficulty relaying. Does limerence in some way substitute/parallel the artist's drive in wanting to reify the unsaid in contextual ways for the sufferer?

Thus, still think the experience of limerence is complex and nuanced for each sufferer/victim/anointed. During the peak of my LEs, the feeling was ecstasy mixed with unhinged dissociation. Like an infant in a high-chair, the desired is always just out of reach.... Yet an infant can be forgiven the dream and tears; -- as adults we feel shame in the condition along with the elation. A confused desperation in not wanting to let go of what we've created, even as we experience it as fate and destiny....not of our own making. It's a tough one to be sure, but like Ariadne's thread, multiple avenues of cognitive and emotional journeying most often will be needed to emerge, to varying degrees, from a labyrinth constructed by the body-mind (and other influences?) over decades.

So grateful over the years for this site and David's determination to stay with limerence as one focus of his practice. Hoping one day to see more mainstream discussion of the condition in the media and clinical approaches towards its understanding.
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

Good to see you here JD, and appreciate the feedback

Seems like we've known each other in this virtual world a long time now,going back to the tribe days. I noticed a new tribe community has been resurrected, not sure if its related to the original tribe.net.

Ive created a limerence community there at https://limerence.tribe.so/group/limere ... -community - if for nothing else but nostalgia!

I do wonder what happened to ome the tribe folk, ive got some of my private posts from there saved in my journal that i kept at the time, Una, Nigel, Meowbie and the rest of the folk that saved me from my insanity!!!
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence