BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

How did you discover the word limerence?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

How did you discover the word limerence?

Post by David »

Im curious to know how others came across the word limerence as it is such a little known term

I think i used the search phrase "addicted to a person"
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
selkie354
Canada

Re: How did you discover the word limerence?

Post by selkie354 »

I had heard of it years ago but more in the sense of just another word for infatuation vs love. I saw an article on it or something but it didn't go into depth about the psychological addiction or the severity of it. I believe I was aware of the word my first 2 episodes but didn't really put it together. My second episode my searching was mostly around how to manage a crush while in a relationship - I didn't find any of the serious limerence content. This time I also searched for help with "severe crush" I think I stumbled into the more clinical side of limerence from the nuerosparkle blog (I didn't make the link to addiction on my own but once I read this it clicked) then I dove deeper and ended up here. Finally found the right place :) for sure would have been helpful earlier in life - more legitimate recognition of this condition is needed. Thanks for all the work you are doing here!
AMA210

Post by AMA210 »

I do believe that I typed into a search engine - obsessed with a person.
Fortunately, this site came up in the results. 😀
Never give up! Keep moving forward, no matter what.
IvB
Czech Republic

Post by IvB »

Yes, I was looking for advice how to stop being obsessively in love with someone.
Cookie
United States of America

Post by Cookie »

AMA210 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:18 pm I do believe that I typed into a search engine - obsessed with a person.
Fortunately, this site came up in the results. 😀
Same.
Person
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

I typed something in the search engine asking about ppl who bomb others with attention/flirt with seemingly no desire to go forward. That's how it started in the beginning. 😬😡🥺🙄
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
mamasita

Post by mamasita »

I searched "Obsessive love" and it led me here. It actually led me to a blog that led me here. The woman who wrote about her experience with limerence was very young but had some amazing insight. I related with her blog so much that I knew limerence was what I was struggling with.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

mamasita wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:58 pm I searched "Obsessive love" and it led me here. It actually led me to a blog that led me here. The woman who wrote about her experience with limerence was very young but had some amazing insight. I related with her blog so much that I knew limerence was what I was struggling with.
yes that was an amazing young woman called Bethany. I had some contact with her a few months ago. Were a small community!
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

mamasita wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:58 pm I searched "Obsessive love" and it led me here. It actually led me to a blog that led me here. The woman who wrote about her experience with limerence was very young but had some amazing insight. I related with her blog so much that I knew limerence was what I was struggling with.
yes that was an amazing young woman called Bethany. I had some contact with her a few months ago. We are a small community!