BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

A core negative thing about my LO

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
DreamingBlue
United States of America

A core negative thing about my LO

Post by DreamingBlue »

That I seem to be ignoring, and I should focus on - she's a practicing "clairvoyant!" She takes money from people to get a reading done.
(God, I hope she isn't reading this.)

Now, if you believe in that stuff, maybe sit this thread out, but I can say 100% that I think that stuff is complete and utter bullshit.
But it hasn't even come close to being a disqualifying trait. If anything, it's been seen, or been twisted by the limerence into a cool, mysterious,
ethereal feature of LO. Why am I overlooking this? It's a perfect pile of crap that I believe is dumb, and worse, possibly, manipulative.

I may just watch this over and over again - https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-news ... ht-799755/

What do you think of that, rational-minded people? Would you, could you fall for an LO who claimed to be "psychic" or "clairvoyant" or "clairaudient?"
It may help for me to focus on this for a while.
AMA210

Re: A core negative thing about my LO

Post by AMA210 »

This post is not suitable for the General Chat and should have been put into the Anything to do with your LO sub-forum.
Never give up! Keep moving forward, no matter what.
DreamingBlue
United States of America

Post by DreamingBlue »

I am not sure I am a silver member, so am not sure I can post there....
Struck613

Post by Struck613 »

AMA210 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:01 pm This post is not suitable for the General Chat and should have been put into the Anything to do with your LO sub-forum.
Just FYI, that's a silver members only forum now. For those of us without that, I've been turning more to the general chat myself as well.
DreamingBlue
United States of America

Post by DreamingBlue »

Now that we're here...any thoughts?
mamasita

Post by mamasita »

I think we overlook A LOT of things when limerent.
I have been outright DISGUSTED with LO over the way he dealt with different incidents (even before I was limerent) but while in the "fog" those things don't matter as much.
Reminding yourself what she is into can be one of many things that help you stay in reality.
Another strange thing is that I somehow forget about negative aspects of the LO. When I remember or come across things that I used to hate, I can't believe I forgot about it. The limerent mind can actually force the negative things about the LO into the background in order to get that dose of dopamine.
While I'm here :-h the LO in my world is manipulative and completely self serving. I would be angry with him if I ever ACTUALLY dated him in a normal way. Its the fantasy that makes us feel good, not the reality.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

DreamingBlue wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:29 pm
What do you think of that, rational-minded people? Would you, could you fall for an LO who claimed to be "psychic" or "clairvoyant" or "clairaudient?"
hi DB

I had a similar cynical view and coming from a science background was of the view if it cant be measured it doesn't exist. I then met SO who was far more spiritually connected than me and she did some weird stuff that changed my thinking to be more open minded.

One example was she took a pack of playing cards, took out the jack, queen king so she had 40 cards left. She asked me to take a card and she told me what the card was. She got this correct 6 times in a row, and tow of the guesses, she told what the card was before i chose it.

she's not trained in magic so i had no rational explanation, just the statistical odds of doing this is a billion to one. She's done some other weird stuff like drawing to great accuracy something I was thinking of but not in recent years.

Ive asked her many times to do this for the lottery, shes says she cant do it when personal gain is involved.

As to how this relates to limerence, i dont know. I do know my own limerence was much about a spiritual awakening and to be more curious and open minded about things we cant see or measure.

Next stop for me is trying some plant medicines, likely psilocybin or ayahuasca / DMT

All part of growing :)
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
DreamingBlue
United States of America

Post by DreamingBlue »

Yeah...I guess I'm just trying to focus on the negative (to me at least) about LO. I've made her out to be absolute perfection in every way, so it's hard.