BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Narcissism

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
virusbkk
Hong Kong

Re: Narcissism

Post by virusbkk »

L-F wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:56 am
virusbkk wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:51 am This was probably garden-variety fatigue or could there have been some truth to my assumption after all?
Did she have feelings for you? Yes! Are they limerent feelings? I don't know.
David wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:58 am It’s impossible to know what our LO’s are thinking and feeling
... because people lie, project, wear a mask, have ulterior motives, etc.

My guess is she wouldn't text you to see how you were going if she didn't care. Just my thoughts.
Thanks for the clarity.
She was textbook DA, so probably freaked and deactivated after our weekend getaway.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

I think people, in general, have feelings for others regardless of the type of relationship
Empathy, disgust, indignant, pity, lust, sympathy, tenderness, spellbound, uncomfortable, jubilation, peaceful, passionate, panicked, jolly, jittery, jealous, fearful, irritated, admiration, loved, etc, etc...

"While it is better to be loved than hated, it is also far better to be hated than ignored". Viet Thanh Nguyen.

The only way to know how an LO feels is to ask. Even then they could lie. Your guess is as good as mine.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
virusbkk
Hong Kong

Post by virusbkk »

L-F wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:22 am I think people, in general, have feelings for others regardless of the type of relationship
Empathy, disgust, indignant, pity, lust, sympathy, tenderness, spellbound, uncomfortable, jubilation, peaceful, passionate, panicked, jolly, jittery, jealous, fearful, irritated, admiration, loved, etc, etc...

"While it is better to be loved than hated, it is also far better to be hated than ignored". Viet Thanh Nguyen.

The only way to know how an LO feels is to ask. Even then they could lie. Your guess is as good as mine.
Honestly, I don't want to derail my progress of recovery,
so I'm going to refrain from any further post-mortem analysis - what's done is done.

The past is what lies behind me, but the future is what is in front of me - no turning back.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

virusbkk wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:37 am Honestly, I don't want to derail my progress of recovery,
so I'm going to refrain from any further post-mortem analysis - what's done is done.

The past is what lies behind me, but the future is what is in front of me - no turning back.
Best mindset! Way to go V.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

David wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:58 am With my own LE I told my LO I had a crush on her initially, I talked to her about limerence and I even brought her Tenov’s book on limericks. That was after a few weeks of knowing her.
I was laughing to myself when the above popped into my head today. I too would have done the same thing had I known about Tenov's work. Thank goodness I didn't know about limerence! But what I did do, was tell LO about a particular ladies website :-t

She then went home to do her research @-)

Not that I was consciously suggesting anything. I like to think that what we did, was driven by innocence and the desire to learn more.