BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

I'm stuck. Help?!

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
theorina38

Re: I'm stuck. Help?!

Post by theorina38 »

L-F wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:06 pm I did too!  I believe they are similar in many ways.  Limerence takes an eclectic approach though the person who coined the term was an American psychologist, while Twin Flames takes a spiritual approach.  Yet the storyline appears the same.

One twin wakes up to discover 'how' and 'what' the other twin triggers within them, and sets off to do some heavy lifting.  They also understand that their twin has inner healing work of their own to do, such as shadow work (integrating shadows). 
The woke twin knows that a union is not possible until BOTH twins have healed their past trauma, and that this work may not be completed in their lifetime.   Twins believe it can take many lifetimes before reaching the stage of being healed enough to finally unite.  It's quite common for one to believe they are a twin while the other has no understanding of the concept.

If they get together before their wounds have been addressed, their passion is explosive and becomes an all-consuming obsession leaving their short-lived relationship in tatters.

Sounds very much like limerence to me if you believe in reincarnation.
I totally get what you mean. But there is no evidence for such a thing outside of wishful thinking, a fantasy ;)

It's difficult to put into words how I feel about what happened. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest but at the same time it's incredibly painful. It's not my mom's or my parents fault - they were doing the best they could with their level of awareness.

LO continued to engage in conversations even though I disclosed my feelings and he said there was nothing on his end. That was his greatest kindness to me.

Self-awareness… everyone thinks they have a ton of it, but in reality no one knows what they're doing. Our thoughts and actions are on autopilot. We transport our minds to some other time or place or world where it can be safe and isolated from the pain of day-to-day life ;)
"Trauma creates change you don't choose.
Healing creates changes you do choose."
– Michelle Rosenthal
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

theorina38 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:23 pm Self-awareness… everyone thinks they have a ton of it, but in reality no one knows what they're doing. Our thoughts and actions are on autopilot. We transport our minds to some other time or place or world where it can be safe and isolated from the pain of day-to-day life ;)
I agree. I ask clients to rate their self awareness from 1 to 5, 5 being high. When they say 5 I respond that's interesting as I only rate mine of 3.5-4 on a really good day how can you be more self aware!
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

theorina38 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:23 pm
I totally get what you mean. But there is no evidence for such a thing outside of wishful thinking, a fantasy ;)
Exactly! The same as limerence ;)
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

David wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:45 pm I agree. I ask clients to rate their self awareness from 1 to 5, 5 being high. When they say 5 I respond that's interesting as I only rate mine of 3.5-4 on a really good day how can you be more self aware!
You might find this interesting
https://fb.watch/7z-TYRVBrB/

"Can things like Awareness, Intuition, Positive Thinking, Non-Reactivity, and 'Spirituality' Fuel the Ego and Become a Power Trip?" T Swan.
Reminds me of the article you posted called Spiritual Bypassing by J Welwood.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

David wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:45 pm When they say 5 I respond that's interesting as I only rate mine of 3.5-4 on a really good day how can you be more self aware!
:D
Umm... this made me laugh.

We're all mirrors! Love it.
Have to pat my little narkie on the head every now and then and say "good girl, now SIT!"

I'm giggle here, I hope you see the funny side :D
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

L-F wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:20 am
I'm giggle here, I hope you see the funny side :D
Absolutely

Was listening to John Cleese this morning and he said a shrink told him he knew patients were getting better when they can start laughing at themselves, allow some daylight between themselves and their egos
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
theorina38

Post by theorina38 »

L-F wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:48 am
theorina38 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:23 pm
Exactly! The same as limerence ;)
Haha yeah you're right :D

Everyone says it's nearly impossible to be friends with LO. Well yeah, but that's what we've been for years. Coworkers and then platonic friends, but kinda with hopes of eventually dating (somewhat dishonest, I know!).

This is a hard journey and finding words is not easy.

Thanks so much for listening, L-F!

Onward, somehow.
– Michelle Rosenthal
theorina38

Post by theorina38 »

theorina38 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:01 am
AMA210 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:19 pm Well, haven't seen a post like this in a long time, perhaps never. :D

Could it actually be true that an LO is in the process of waking up?
No, I think LO is way ahead of me and already awake. He figured me out after I had disclosed. He told me flat out.
Any thoughts on this? Why did he tell me?!
I know I'm overthinking 😁😁
– Michelle Rosenthal
theorina38

Post by theorina38 »

Last edited by theorina38 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
– Michelle Rosenthal
theorina38

Post by theorina38 »

Mutual limerence - no wonder I got it bad! x_x

((Sorry I deleted some of my own posts.))
Last edited by theorina38 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
– Michelle Rosenthal