BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Psyhc2Go And Limerence

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Terona
United States of America

Psyhc2Go And Limerence

Post by Terona »

Love the channel Psyhc2Go and I came across a couple videos they have about limerence (basically). The first one I found is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM6Ec9kEgMU, the second one was this, I have linked the video below with a time code.

https://youtu.be/n2FDoS0X6cI?t=225

What I particularly don't understand about this is why would it be a sign of "love addiction/obsession/limerence" to think primarily in emotional or non-physical terms about someone? If you think about someone primarily in a physical way and you are looking for a serious relationship, wont that relationship fail if you are mostly after the physical intimacy you can get from a person rather than the person themselves? They don't seem to give a good reason as too why it is bad to fantasize more about emotional intimacy with your crush than physical.

A little background, I am new here (2nd post) and relate to this part of the video. I was okay with picturing myself kissing the other person or cuddling or dancing, but definitely not sex (mostly because that is against my values), or imagining "a little too much passion" in the kissing (also against my values).
L-F
United States of America

Re: Psyhc2Go And Limerence

Post by L-F »

Awesome post Terona. Welcome to the forum!

Great questions. Some limerents fantasize about connecting on a physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual level. There are no set boundaries in terms of what a limerent dreams of obtaining. Some are only happy with an emotional connection whereas some daydream of a sexual connection, or a combination.

In other words, you can think about LO anyway you desire and still be limerent.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Terona
United States of America

Re: Psyhc2Go And Limerence

Post by Terona »

Thanks L-F! I will keep that in mind, it seemed strange and kind-of wrongly invalidating too me