BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Like a detective reopening a solved case

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
DreamingBlue
United States of America

Like a detective reopening a solved case

Post by DreamingBlue »

My mind looks down hallways I had cordoned off, sifting through old evidence, looking at it in new light.

I torture myself by spying on her boyfriend's page, hopeful to get a glimpse of her. Frustrated with how boring he is, "knowing" that in some parallel universe I could have swept her off her feet.

The case is closed. We saw what it was. A case of infatuation, limerence. A chemical addiction. What else do I need to know? Why can't I let it go?

5 months NC almost. But slipups on Instagram, looking at things I shouldn't. I can't accept the loss of this dear friend, this great connection, this person who seems to be a shining beacon in my life, standing out, valuable, beautiful, destined to be.

My mind can't accept that she has to be nothing, nothing at all to me if I want to keep the life I have with my wife and kids. Torturous. Beyond torturous.
L-F
United States of America

Re: Like a detective reopening a solved case

Post by L-F »

Well clearly she's not much of a friend if she hasn't been keeping in contact
DreamingBlue wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:01 am I can't accept the loss of this dear friend, this great connection, this person who seems to be a shining beacon in my life, standing out, valuable, beautiful, destined to be.
... or did you tell her about limerence and asked for NC?

Don't put her on the pedestal she didn't ask to be put on.

Otherwise, keep going DB! Life does get better on the other side of limerence. 5 months isn't that long in the scheme of things.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
IvB
Czech Republic

Post by IvB »

Agree, like my LO - happy to respond if I write him but didn't start from his side. Clearly I have no importance in his life, like you in your LO's. Be glad, constant contact would make it worse.
And don't beat yourself up, 5 mths NC is amazing but not nearly enough to beat this monster.
DreamingBlue
United States of America

Post by DreamingBlue »

It's truly nuts. I chose NC because I wanted the pain to lessen. Then I cheat at NC to get a glimpse of her life and...it's agonizing.

She looks mesmerizingly beautiful, as always. She looks like she's in love. Her new guy is LIVING MY DREAM.

Except he isn't. He's living his life. And she hers. And that has nothing to do with me at all. If my ego would get out of this, I'd see it's all good.
I can wish her peace and love from afar, as much as my heart is crushed.