My Therapy Journey

Talk therapy can help but at times less cognitive treatments are required. Anything related to ANY form of therapy goes here.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

My Therapy Journey

Post by JupiterTaco »

Last edited by JupiterTaco on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'll follow you down to the sound of my voice that haunts you-Silver Springs, Fleetwood Mac
WishMagick

Re: Betterhelp Therapy Etiquette?

Post by WishMagick »

I've used BetterHelp.

I don't really like it. I've had two therapists through the app / website (spaced years apart) and they both really weren't much help.

Can you just ask the therapist if you've made a bad impression?? Depending on their response, you might want to choose another person.

I think I will try a male counselor next time. I have always chosen female counselors and I am usually left very unsatisfied. Don't know if it's because they are females or it's just their personality based on the other questions the site asks to match you up.

I hope you can find someone good!
I'm now limerence free! Mindfulness & Traditional spiritualism was my "cure".
"Being spiritual has nothing to do with what you believe and everything to do with your state of consciousness."
Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica »

That sucks JT. Sleep is so important. I got nothing about bed bugs, except I have heard their pernicious.

I hope you get some rest.

Don’t worry about offending your therapist. You want to find someone that you feel comfortable with. It might take a few sessions to know. If you’re not comfortable bail and find someone else.

For me, my issues are mainly with my mom, so finding an older female therapist who had also been in academia worked for me. I didn’t look for that knowingly, though.

I hope your life settles down JT! :ymhug: :ymhug:
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

I think it may be helpful to give the counselor you have more of chance, and then switch later if you need to. A lot of therapists understand how we can get caught up in life and dont' follow up as we normally would . you've got a ton on your plate! you could also address that cultural concern with her. that's totally understandable!

I hope you find a good fit :ymhug:
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Last edited by JupiterTaco on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll follow you down to the sound of my voice that haunts you-Silver Springs, Fleetwood Mac

Return to “Talking therapies and non talking treatments”