BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Children's section

Report technical issues
L-F
United States of America

Children's section

Post by L-F »

There is a thread which posed a relevant question http://limerence.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... nal#p48106 but rather than focus on the adults, I thought it would be nice to have a section that focuses on the children. I have some great blogs and books that support parents to help their children to become emotionally attuned (be in harmony with his or her self) and emotionally resilient.

What I've found is, the resources also look at what the parent may have missed out on when growing up, and supports the parent in the process of teaching their child what it means to attend to feelings.

It can be scary facing what we may have inadvertently passed on from one generation to the next, but like finances, if we don't address it, it doesn't go away or gets worse.

The material is powerful in that it may create some 'aha' moments of 'my parents weren't like that, they told me I was being silly if I complained, cried, etc, etc'.

I believe we need to consider, and open up dialogue about limerence and children. How limerence impacts children, how children can become limerent, and how we as adults can support children.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
AMA210

Re: Children's section

Post by AMA210 »

I agree.

The LE involves the LS and the LO so intensely that all others and everything else is pushed to the side. It is only now, being out of the rabbit hole, and on the other side, am I beginning to realize the effects on my daughter. Although I do believe that my experience and her observation of it, triggered a deep primary wound of being adopted, of rejection and abandonment.
Never give up! Keep moving forward, no matter what.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

New subforum appears at the top of the related themes section

http://limerence.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=89
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Sounds very interesting!
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Yay! I'll post some material when I've got extra time. Being a grief companion we work with children and a lot of the work is around understanding and expressing feelings (the same goes for the adult groups). It seems limerence is triggered by the loss of a parental figure for some LS.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald