"Men Like Younger Women"

A place to help from being limerent again and how to cope with limerence in future relationships.
marko
United States of America

Re: "Men Like Younger Women"

Post by marko »

Cookie wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:01 pm
marko wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:37 pm There's also the fact that my eyes are still atttracted to the same things they were 30 years ago. It's external, and vicariously self hasn't aged. In these moments, one is not allowed to externally reflect on ones own aging. That's depressing to type.
Depressing but spot on, I'm afraid. Oddly enough, both my LO and I are trapped in adolescence, albeit in different ways. He has refused to do anything (other than keep a job) that smacks of settling down or committing. I have done the family thing for a long time but refused to fully commit to it, given the limerent affairs.

God, this is bleak, isn't it?
That hanging on or not moving past, it feels very adolescent. I had a thought the other day and remembering my own pulling away a good 20yrs ago. I felt trapped and really only liked the happy pursuit. I still feel I can't get past infatuation and really don't want to. It is bleak when I'm honest with myself. Not sure if it's just my current mood, but I can't picture, nor do I desire more. Like a happy kid, even though I wade right in when it's others lives. So I don't avoid unless it involves me. I commit and am all in with the kids, as they grow and don't need me, I pull away a bit as well. It works though as you need to let the kids go, I let the SO go so long ago I can't even picture a path back, and to what--a false concept I created and destroyed because I'm a nut job :-?
FairIsFoul

Post by FairIsFoul »

I've always been attracted to women in their 30s-40s, even in my 20s. So now that I'm 56, and I'm still attracted to that same age, I guess I'm attracted to younger women. ;-) On the other hand, the "upper threshold" of what is attractive to me is older than it used to be. ;-) Plus, I often just plain forget that I am as old as I am, because I don't FEEL that old (most of the time). Until, like with my current LO, when I think about the age difference and feel a bit icky about myself...
GoneWithTheWind

Post by GoneWithTheWind »

I don’t know... I’m 36 and I get hit on way more by guys in their 20’s than men my own age. In fact I get hit on more now than I ever have. I do go to the gym every day and try to stay very healthy, but my face looks 36 if not older.
Flgrl35

Post by Flgrl35 »

GoneWithTheWind wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:49 pm I don’t know... I’m 36 and I get hit on way more by guys in their 20’s than men my own age. In fact I get hit on more now than I ever have. I do go to the gym every day and try to stay very healthy, but my face looks 36 if not older.
This is also true for me.
They seem to get very surprised when I tell them my age and that I'm married and have two children.
I don't know if they're being sarcastic or serious.
Kids these days [-x
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

From late twenties to the thirties is practically the same . Just saying.
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Idiotic wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:00 pm From late twenties to the thirties is practically the same . Just saying.
IDK, I was probably (I thought) the one woman on earth who looked forward to turning 30...I mean my mother had a hard time with that age.
I gotta know right now, before we go any further, do you love me, will you love me forever-Meatloaf, Paradise By The Dashboard Light
Endgame

Post by Endgame »

A fair few older women / younger men LEs on here. Mine was one of those (though I'm hardly 'old'). That was a large part of the illusion...he reminded me of who I used to be pre career grind, marriage, children. He fell for the reflection of himself that I was mirroring...not the real me which would have, in all reality, terrified him. He was a little boy and couldn't have handled it.

My lasting relationships have generally been with far older men. Not for financial security, more to do with emotional assertiveness and being able to teach me more. But age is dependent on life experience and reflection. I don't believe that I 'think' my age, though at times I daresay I act it.
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Endgame wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:16 am But age is dependent on life experience and reflection. I don't believe that I 'think' my age, though at times I daresay I act it.
Thats true, no wonder some go right upto eighty having been immature assholes all their lives.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Idiotic wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:38 am Thats true, no wonder some go right upto eighty having been immature assholes all their lives.
=)) =)) =))
I'm glad I finished my cuppa. Would have choked otherwise.
"LF, why do you weep for the inner child of your abusers?"
"Because I'm not like them."
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

L-F wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:17 am
Idiotic wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:38 am Thats true, no wonder some go right upto eighty having been immature assholes all their lives.
=)) =)) =))
I'm glad I finished my cuppa. Would have choked otherwise.
:D