What Annoys You About The Opposite Sex?

A place to help from being limerent again and how to cope with limerence in future relationships.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

What Annoys You About The Opposite Sex?

Post by JupiterTaco »

Not meant to be a gender-bashing thread, so if it offends anyone I'll delete it. I just thought it would be interesting via our own unique experiences with the opposite sex, to have this discussion. Based on our own experiences, what annoys you most about the opposite sex and does it get in the way of you having decent relationships with them, either dating or coexisting?

I'll go first. I hate how so many men are so obsessed with politics and treat women like they know nothing about this subject. It's an instant turn-off if I'm on a date or having a conversation with somebody and they behave like this. Which is weird I guess because I have my own opinions but I don't really go around shoving them down people's throats (I have a tendency to get carried away around here talking about things I'm passionate about). That's just one of many issues that I have trusting the opposite sex, but it usually happens pretty early on and squashes any hope of bond, either platonic or more. #-o
I gotta know right now, before we go any further, do you love me, will you love me forever-Meatloaf, Paradise By The Dashboard Light
Idiotic

Re: What Annoys You About The Opposite Sex?

Post by Idiotic »

Interesting, i hate that too. But those guys are just jerks
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Idiotic wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:01 pm Interesting, i hate that too. But those guys are just jerks
I agree. :D
I gotta know right now, before we go any further, do you love me, will you love me forever-Meatloaf, Paradise By The Dashboard Light
TheMoon

Post by TheMoon »

Not really a huge annoyance, but one of those things that makes me smile :) and roll my eyes 8-| at the same time is how men find it an endless source of fascination to discuss the various routes one can drive between one place and another. Who would think there was so much to be said about how to get from Nempnett Thrubwell to Indian Queens, or Ugley to Matching Green? But seriously, once you've taken account of single and dual carriageways, holiday traffic, speed cameras and a host of other very important things, it becomes an optimisation problem on a doctoral thesis scale.

If you're a man, that is.
JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux »

TheMoon wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:28 pm ...one of those things that makes me smile :) and roll my eyes 8-|.....
....which is exactly what I do when SO says, bewildered, "Where are we going..NOW?????!" as I veer under a dilapidated overpass near the river.
That's because RoboDweeb here has already,.....just for the "fun" of it.....driven all of the alternate routes of our region and knows how to bypass train routes, construction zones, unanticipated parades, the annual marathon, and the occasional meteor strike... B-) .... on the way to our destination du jour. If SO were driving, we'd still be back at the edge of town, watching the railroad gates drop once again for the umpteenth train with it's mile-long load of coal heading east.

Our weird wiring *does* have its advantages at times.... :ymsmug:
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz
Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica »

Oooh. My turn.

After years of working out with mostly women, I have been joining groups that are at least half men - acro. One thing that I have found absolutely fascinating is how much men want to support women. In most acro moves, guys base and women fly. So guys do the heavy lifting, not very interesting to watch, but are actually in control, while women balance, trust in the guy, and must allow themselves to be moved, but get to shine and look pretty doing the splits. In the group, there are a bunch of A-type personality over-achieving women, doctors, lawyers, nurses, business owners. And there are a bunch of super laid back guys working low-wage jobs. (This is an overall observation and doesn't apply to every person.) I think we are each seeking out our opposites (in ourselves more), women are trying to let go and give up control, and men are finding an area of their lives where they can be trusted and responsible. This is not really annoying, it is actually kind of beautiful. It also gets at this rescue and being rescued fantasy that it seems many of us are playing out. And it makes me wonder how much is cultural and how much is something deeper.

As for annoying, LO is tall, muscular, and hairy, and looks years older than his actual age. He gets instant respect and deference from everyone. He expects instant respect and deference from everyone. He gets opportunities handed to him that women of his age, and shorter men who do not look as mature as he does, would only dream of. He can be firm and almost harsh when giving direction during rehearsals and no one calls him a bitch for it, in fact they respect him more. Whereas, if I were to do this, even though I have far more experience and skill, I know I would have to deal with the fall out, so have found other, less direct, ways of handling rehearsals (though I am pretty direct during rehearsals too). He has no idea that this is entirely based on his tall male privilege, he just thinks he deserves it. I don't think I fully understood how insidious sexism is until I started a working partnership with LO and saw what he is able to get away with.
TheMoon

Post by TheMoon »

JohnDeux wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:59 pm "Where are we going..NOW?????!"
I've said that :)). Vive la difference! You're alright :-bd.
Havb
Saint-Martin (French part)

Post by Havb »

Some men’s need to pontificate.
“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” -Samuel Beckett

There is always more work to be done.
Sara72

Post by Sara72 »

I get annoyed with certain character traits. But they aren't exclusively male.
F, 46
LO, M, 41
There is liberation in a single acceptance
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

Z
Last edited by Spinnaker on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung