What Annoys You About The Opposite Sex?

A place to help from being limerent again and how to cope with limerence in future relationships.
mamasita

Re: What Annoys You About The Opposite Sex?

Post by mamasita »

Many men that I know are horrible with details. Women clean up behind them and arrange all of the grunt work only for it to all magically come together in a man's eyes. When 9 times outta 10, a woman was behind the scenes, working out the details.

@Havb, you are always giving me new words...PONTIFICATE...YES I like that one.
JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux »

Spinnaker wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 8:34 pm ..... why is it such a big deal when a guy spends a Saturday organizing the garage and hosing it out... "Look what I did, kids!" Expecting me to stop cooking dinner and walk over to see the garage is finally clean again. I don't expect praise for 13 loads of laundry I did the day before or make him look at 2 trash cans full of weeds from the garden. Sorry... our Christmas boxes are still on the garage floor and I know this is going to be my lucky weekend....

to bring out the Pom Poms! :p
:)) :)) :))

Okay, I get this.....and I probably shouldn't! :D

And I *have* some of this......and I know I shoudn't!..... /:)

Can I blame this one on my father too??......Who DEFINITELY had it! :ymparty: :ymparty:

My take: "Hey look kids, your dad can be the breadwinner AAAANNNNDDD clean and be 'swell dad' buying you all the take-out you care to consume! (meantime your mom *really should* be able to knock down 26 loads of laundry while taking care of all kiddie needs and cooking me the best-est meals this side of Paris...)....Aren't I just the friggin' best!???... C'mon.....I'm' awaitin' my hugs and brownie points......" b-(

It's one of those transgenerational behavior patterns that dies hard.... 8-x
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung
NaturalezaMuerta
Mexico

Post by NaturalezaMuerta »

I hate what is popularly know as "mansplaining" when some men feel the need to explain things that are obvious, I know about as if I were a five year-old child. My SO loves to do that and we laugh about it. Bonus points for men older than me that patronize my intelligence. :ymdevil:
They are not responding to you and you are not responding to them. *-:)
Havb
Saint-Martin (French part)

Post by Havb »

@Mamasita, lol, my pleasure

@NaturalezaMuerta ah yes, mansplaining is the 21st century version of my Dad’s constant pontification. The worst party was getting kicked under the table by my Mom to listen silently. Grr. I get so angry thinking about it now.
“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” -Samuel Beckett

There is always more work to be done.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

NaturalezaMuerta wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:41 am I hate what is popularly know as "mansplaining" when some men feel the need to explain things that are obvious, I know about as if I were a five year-old child. My SO loves to do that and we laugh about it. Bonus points for men older than me that patronize my intelligence. :ymdevil:
Oh I hate that too! Just last week, I was wearing a Prudhoe Bay, Alaska sweatshirt and some (much older) dillhole kept trying over and over to explain to me where it was. 8-|
I gotta know right now, before we go any further, do you love me, will you love me forever-Meatloaf, Paradise By The Dashboard Light
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

NaturalezaMuerta wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:41 am I hate what is popularly know as "mansplaining" when some men feel the need to explain things that are obvious, I know about as if I were a five year-old child. My SO loves to do that and we laugh about it. Bonus points for men older than me that patronize my intelligence. :ymdevil:
Is this a very common bear picture. Or did i see it on another users profile ? :-?
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

What annoys me most sometimes is when someone has just cleaned the house , or anything else, and you just happen to step in with dirty shoes, or spill a little from your glass, then all hell breaks loose. Particularly because it was 'just' cleaned. I don't get the connection with degree of upsetness caused by my errors related with how many moments before the thing was cleaned or arranged. I mean, its bound to return to its original state soon. It can't stay that way forever.
Ive seen it in men and women both, less in men though.
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
TheMoon

Post by TheMoon »

NaturalezaMuerta wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:41 am I hate what is popularly know as "mansplaining" ...
Has anyone experienced the corollary to mansplaining, which is the dumbfounded astonishment expressed by a man when he discovers you know something that he didn't tell you? I don't know if this one has a name, but if anyone knows, or would like to suggest one, I'm all ears.