What Annoys You About The Opposite Sex?

A place to help from being limerent again and how to cope with limerence in future relationships.
TheMoon

Re: What Annoys You About The Opposite Sex?

Post by TheMoon »

Idiotic wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:02 pm What annoys me most sometimes is when someone has just cleaned the house , or anything else, and you just happen to step in with dirty shoes, or spill a little from your glass, then all hell breaks loose. Particularly because it was 'just' cleaned. I don't get the connection with degree of upsetness caused by my errors related with how many moments before the thing was cleaned or arranged. I mean, its bound to return to its original state soon. It can't stay that way forever.
Ive seen it in men and women both, less in men though.
This is annoying because
1. that bit of cleaning that got done just before you made a mess turned out to have been a complete waste of my time and effort and Cif/Flash/Mr Muscle/Mr Sheen or whatever, and
2. now I've got to do it again!
X( ~x(

Or am I missing some fundamental philosophical truth here :-?? ?
JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux »

TheMoon wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:19 pm .... the dumbfounded astonishment expressed by a man when he discovers you know something that he didn't tell you?
"Patronizing"..?? That's the first thought that came to mind:

"...treat with an apparent kindness that betrays a feeling of superiority."--Google Dictionary
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz
NaturalezaMuerta
Mexico

Post by NaturalezaMuerta »

Idiotic wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:55 pm
NaturalezaMuerta wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:41 am I hate what is popularly know as "mansplaining" when some men feel the need to explain things that are obvious, I know about as if I were a five year-old child. My SO loves to do that and we laugh about it. Bonus points for men older than me that patronize my intelligence. :ymdevil:
Is this a very common bear picture. Or did i see it on another users profile ? :-?
@Idiotic it was in the default pictures so maybe someone else used it in the past. #-o It's also a generic picture of the limerbeast.
They are not responding to you and you are not responding to them. *-:)
Matty5000
Canada

Post by Matty5000 »

No comment... :ymsmug:
Other people make excellent mirrors.
Male: 35
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

TheMoon wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:34 pm
Idiotic wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 10:02 pm What annoys me most sometimes is when someone has just cleaned the house , or anything else, and you just happen to step in with dirty shoes, or spill a little from your glass, then all hell breaks loose. Particularly because it was 'just' cleaned. I don't get the connection with degree of upsetness caused by my errors related with how many moments before the thing was cleaned or arranged. I mean, its bound to return to its original state soon. It can't stay that way forever.
Ive seen it in men and women both, less in men though.
This is annoying because
1. that bit of cleaning that got done just before you made a mess turned out to have been a complete waste of my time and effort and Cif/Flash/Mr Muscle/Mr Sheen or whatever, and
2. now I've got to do it again!
X( ~x(

Or am I missing some fundamental philosophical truth here :-?? ?
x_x
Its not like i make a mess all around like a crazy pigeon. Its just one or two dirty spots which can be ignored. Just look at the bigger picture. :-??
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

One more. I don't understand why i don't get company when doing dishes, my request is met with 'what is the point?'. I just want someone to stand there and talk to me while i do the boring chore. Its not my fault she starts helping out of compulsion , then its like i cheated in my turn, and then it becomes a whole other thing.
I don't know if its very common. It happens with a close friend (sometimes with benefit).
TheMoon

Post by TheMoon »

Idiotic wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:05 amJust look at the bigger picture. :-??
As a fully signed-up member of the limerenzia, taking good advice like this is easier said than done :) .
NVTS
Fiji

Post by NVTS »

Women’s tendency to want to shop. Men are like commandos when it comes to buying stuff. We know what we want, go in and buy it, and we’re done!

Women have to stop and look at EVERYTHING and talk about it.. sheesh!
When all else fails;
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Idk, i know some women who hate shopping :-?? LO was also one.
TheMoon

Post by TheMoon »

Windy1 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:28 am Women have to stop and look at EVERYTHING and talk about it.. sheesh!
There is a male version of this shopping type: exSO was one. Having researched everything on the net for weeks, the time came to go and look at it in real life in a shop. Having got in the shop there was then a load more stuff to look at which confused the picture and necessitated yet more research on the net to check out all these other options. In contrast to the female version, this doesn't involve any talking beyond the bare minimum. And neither does it involve any buying, since the process takes so long that there will almost certainly be a new version out soon which means the current version will get discounted - and so the whole cycle goes around again.