Worst Date Stories

A place to help from being limerent again and how to cope with limerence in future relationships.
Rachella
Italy

Re: Worst Date Stories

Post by Rachella »

I really enjoyed your piece Yalegirl, thanks for sharing!!! =))
Rachykate12
Great Britain

Post by Rachykate12 »

I love this story! I nearly woke my husband up through laughing outloud!
I'm sorry this was not a pleasant date for you ....but still, sometimes I miss the discomfort and uncertainty of trying to get to know someone new and having awkward conversations!
LisaTranscending

Post by LisaTranscending »

apologies...I'm a bit...well. drunk. I will just lay this tidbit out before I lay out this stupid/date story I've decided to fixate on rather than perhaps a more significant story...well....my daughter has dropped a kind of bomb on me that her father "came out" to her tonight...and says...well frankly...he is bisexual. to tell you the truth...after all the tears I have cried from not connecting with him...I prefer to fixate on another potential LO rather than deal with the decades old relationship that turns out to be lackluster in his feeling because...well...perhaps he prefers men than women.

well......it's been a year since my divorce and learning that tidbit.

okay. and technically tonight ...it's not even a date. but this is kinna funny
LisaTranscending wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:03 am ..be yourself until the one who likes you and gets you shows up YG
and...OMFG......I end up (after consulting with some friends on protocol and whatevah) and end up quoting my own fucking self....jesus christ.
quoting myself about being yourself and until the one who likes you and gets you....blah blah blah...until finally you are with said person....and...after all is said and done...noTHING . nothing. nothing. ever... remotely like that EVER happens.

but..I digress.

here's the story on this new LO...okay he's not really risen to the level of LO in the sense of what happens to us when it's an actual LO(thank you jesus thank you LORD)...but someone I met last year. and I NEVER LIKE ANYONE....but.... I liked him.
does that qualify him as an LO. (??)
no. he's not.. and it's not risen to remotely to LO level insanity.

buttttttt...but... but but but but.......there is this kind of crazy stupid LO cloud that hangs around this particular person...(more than other attractive potential future slavish LO's)....and even...more than my "actual LO"-----guys....I must add that...because as I was driving to the venue of the wedding gig I'm being paid to play to with all the romantic music and promises of love....I actually imagined my LO might actually be there somehow.....which ...folks.... hasn't happened in some time....you know...projecting they are going to be in the place where you are going to be by some crazy fucking miracle.

but I did that...I actually started to imagine my ACTUAL LO was maybe potentially going to be there.. omfg...I admit to that. OKAY...I admit it.

so...before the gig...I was getting kind of excited about it....A cousin who knows about my LO insanity (not using terms like LO but the "guy I like at work and kind of still feel a vibe from) she responded: "OH my god, You aren't still talking about him are you?" and ended with, "You and your tendency for these "ridiculous" crushes.'"

so the new LO (if you can call him that) and you might say the same thing about this potential LO that he is the next LO since I don't like anyone...but = I like him. in other words...it's must some ridiculous crush.

so we are both musicians who the last time we played a gig was last summer. (We do wedding gigs mainly) he's a brilliant scholarly jazz musician who goes on riffs that I can really lose my mind to/// and really like his musicality. he is quite handsome. big blue eyes. quite tall.
if I was going to be fair...if possible....he is more handsome..more charming...more normal and more adept that my actual LO..(if you asked me right at this very second who would I marry...it would be LO the original LO) but this guy...is a solid second as ever was.

so..tonight...the sax player who is the business man in the trio and gets us these great gigs......after we were hanging out after the gig..says..."you guys want to have dinner?"

and me and this PLO (P for potential) LO...were like..both in agreement to go to dinner. he didn't say no. I didn't say no.

and off to dinner we went.

when all was said and done. I don't know how to feel. I am kind of feeling like, Well, he never asked for my number or future contact. it feels like I will not see him again in the future. I thought he was the guitarist for a september trio...but it's not him, but sax me and another guitarist.

anyway... my ex is bi... my new PLO is going to disappear.. my old LO never will materialize into a quote unquote normal boyfriend.

a very dear friend of mine....a musician....died on the 12th. a turkey practically crashed into my car today.
the turkey is about having enough in life to feel satisfied.

I'm working on it. I want a normal boyfriend. I won't lie. I do want that. but. I'm afraid me ex...my LO...and this beautiful guitarist...well. frankly...aren't normal.

and more than that....neither am I.
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

Lisa, am I missing something about your backgrounds here? Do either of you have partners?

How was your rapport when going out to dinner?

If you’re both unattached, and you want to see this person again, it doesn’t sound like it’s be hard to get his contact info and ask him on a proper date. He sounds like someone that you're the right level of attracted to.

Or do you not feel you’re in a good enough place to date someone at the moment? Like for instance, if he said “no” he’d become another actual LO, because rejection is part of your limerence matrix or whatever?

PS my condolences about your dear friend. That’s really tough. :/
Rocinante • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocinante_(disambiguation)
RECLUDET PRATERITIS! <-- Current mantra / magic spell ("Quarantine the past!")
mamasita

Post by mamasita »

I had a date once that seemed to be going well. I wasn't attracted to the person once I arrived at the restaurant, but I decided to eat and be kind. We had decent conversation, and then he showed me a picture of his little girl in his wallet. She was very cute and I told him so. His response to that was "I can pay you $500 right now if you will meet me at the Holiday Inn down the street." His daughter's picture, still looking at me from the wallet where he just pulled $500 out of. I stuttered "no thanks" and hurried through the rest of my meal. :-s
Marc
United States of America

Post by Marc »

My worst date was back in 1987. There was a woman I'd met in college. We'd seemed to hit it off, and she *seemed* attracted to me. What seems to be is always better than nothing, right? Anyway, this (literally) poor college student asks her out on a date. I didn't have a car at the time (what was I thinking?), so we agreed to meet downtown, at a certain corner along the bus line, not far from a modest little restaurant where we would have dinner. She never showed. I just stood there in the rain waiting. Life is pretty much that - standing in the rain, waiting.

When I got cold enough, soaked enough, and tired enough . . . I waited a little longer. Then I went home. I called her about it. I couldn't tell whether she was just playing dumb, but she said she knew nothing about a date. Why didn't she just ask "Who is this?"

But even the best date is nothing more than a time bomb. Expect something bad, sooner or later.
Accountability: a word leaders start to use right before the scapegoating begins.
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Marc wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:06 am
When I got cold enough, soaked enough, and tired enough . . . I waited a little longer.
Life is pretty much that
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Marc wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:06 am I couldn't tell whether she was just playing dumb, but she said she knew nothing about a date. Why didn't she just ask "Who is this?"
I have a further question. How did you respond to that? I don't understand how people are able to do this, pretend like they didn't have a certain conversation. Do they say they don't remember, they have reaaallly shitty memory?

Though I never had this done to me in personal relationships or acquaintance, a cab driver played a similar trick on me. I was very late for something important and constantly texting someone explaining my situation,so when I arrived at my destination I handed the money , without really looking up from my phone, while I half got out of the car, standing against the door and waited for him to give me back change. That asshole said, why are you holding the door, I said I'm waiting for you to give me change, he said to my face so convincingly that he already gave it to me,just now while I was getting out. And I was so frazzled what with being late , and just shocked thinking shit am I losing my memory. I said no, you did not give me any change, I don't have it, he was so adamant and convincing , he said you were busy looking at your phone you didn't realize you took it. I didn't have time to argue so I just ran, swearing and cursing that jerk.
But for all that, for a split second I believed him! Of course he hadn't given me any change though! That was the last time I made any transaction absent mindedly!
Coming back to the question, I would lose my shit of someone tried to pull that on me, if I knew the person on a personal level.
Last edited by Idiotic on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
Marc
United States of America

Post by Marc »

I was a bit flustered. But I was the Charles Deetz of relationships - never walked away from equity. No matter what questionable entities were attached to it. I made a show of laughing the whole matter off.
Accountability: a word leaders start to use right before the scapegoating begins.