Royal wedding

A place to help from being limerent again and how to cope with limerence in future relationships.
Radey
Great Britain

Royal wedding

Post by Radey »

Great to see someone so lucky second time around. I am so happy for Meghan. They look happy and I wish them future happiness. Nice to have happy stories in the news.

Could not help thinking of my exLO today. He would make a handsome bridegroom for someone someday.

For people who are divorced, there is hope that you could be lucky second time around. It is not all doom and gloom.

Cheers everyone!
Havb
Saint-Martin (French part)

Re: Royal wedding

Post by Havb »

I watched it for the fashion, lol.
I hope they will be very happy.
“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” -Samuel Beckett

There is always more work to be done.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I got really into the last one. Haven't followed this one much. :D
I gotta know right now, before we go any further, do you love me, will you love me forever-Meatloaf, Paradise By The Dashboard Light
Sara72

Post by Sara72 »

I guess I must be silly in thinking it is an utter waste of tax payers money.
F, 46
LO, M, 41
There is liberation in a single acceptance
TheMoon

Post by TheMoon »

Sara72 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:31 pm I guess I must be silly in thinking it is an utter waste of tax payers money.
I have certainly been wondering why it merited such a big deal. When Zara Phillips (another of the Queen's grandchildren) got married there was nothing like the same fuss - and she was also marrying a 'celeb' of sorts. (At least I had heard of him before they got together.) Harry definitely is a bit higher up the royalty pecking order than Zara, but there are a good few between him and the throne now, so it's not like he's a serious contender any more.

The cynic in me can't help wondering what the TV rights sold for, especially with the increased interest in the USA. I would like to think the taxpayer made a profit, but it doesn't usually work like that. At least the local economy in the vicinity of Windsor should have boomed today :D $-) !
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

It is an utter waste of taxpayers money. Though happy for them. Just as I would be if strangers down the road got married too. Yay to happily ever after :)

I wonder if they both did their share of heavy lifting before hooking up?
"LF, why do you weep for the inner child of your abusers?"
"Because I'm not like them."
MrSpock
Argentina

Post by MrSpock »

I had a crush on Meghan from Suits, so is nice to see her every god damn day on every (online) newspaper. But I think that if it wasn't her I would be getting rather annoyed by now. Like L-F I'm always happy to see a happy marriage, but I couldn't care less if they are Royals or my neighbors.
Radey
Great Britain

Post by Radey »

All

I am a fan of Prince Harry. He is very popular here. I have met him before and he is pretty cool. I admire his guts for following his heart and not convention. Great to hear good news from the press for a change! I love happy stories. Statistics suggests a much higher success rate for couples who marry later in life. Happy day for a lot of us here in the UK.
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

I watched it cos i was hanging out with my sister, and she's into this stuff, I really got into it after i saw Lady Kitty Spencer arrive... She is just .... Fine.. :x
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn