Online dating

A place to help from being limerent again and how to cope with limerence in future relationships.
TheMoon

Re: Online dating

Post by TheMoon »

@Ivanhoe: Thank you for sharing your experience. It seems like the dating did facilitate something which has taken you along a path from which you are learning/growing? From that perspective it served a purpose I guess. I wonder if you would do it again? It sounds like you might. Do you mind me asking if NG was the only person you met with the online dating?
Ivanhoe
United States of America

Post by Ivanhoe »

Yes, NG was the only one I actually met. In fact, there were a lot of inquiries made to me in the three days I was online. I live in a large city and there are a lot of people on POF -- and 65 year old males are apparently in some demand. But after looking at all of the inquirers, I understood that I was embarking on a treacherous path for them (I was so in pain) and shut the whole thing down. However NG sent me a note in a section of the site that I did not see and a few days later, in my hotel room, profoundly lonely, I realized I had not erased the POF app from my phone -- so I opened it and there was her intriguing note and beautiful picture and a profile that fit everything I could have wanted in a partner. I agreed to meet her and when we met told her almost everything (leaving out the limerence). She was a serious healthcare professional who had worked with grieving and said she was interested in seeing me again, and I agreed.
65 (feel 50); Male

"Grief makes children of us all. Any intellectual difference is destroyed. The wisest know nothing."
- Emerson
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I didn't have terribly good experiences on it, but I remain hopeful of someday trying again. Go for it (for the right reasons)!
I gotta know right now, before we go any further, do you love me, will you love me forever-Meatloaf, Paradise By The Dashboard Light