Updates on my marriage/LTR

A place to help from being limerent again and how to cope with limerence in future relationships.
AMA210
United States of America

Re: Updates on my marriage/LTR

Post by AMA210 »

Anna wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:46 am
AMA210 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:08 pm

I told him that was absurd and that it hasn't been and won't be a healthy, vital relationship, period.

I think he is grasping at any possibility to convince me to stay. #:-s
you are right. He seems to be trying to 'ease out' of the relationship. He feels guilty about whatever he did, and realizes that you are in the stronger position at the moment, so he is trying to appease you by making concessions.
That's his way of trying to gain time to figure out what he will do and at the same time hoping for you to change your mind , because life is going to get tough for him all of a sudden. Because his safety net (YOU!!) is going to rip apart.

I know it's hard, but don't fall for it. It might just be a strategic maneuver until he has an idea of how to proceed with his life...

I have been separated for over a year and it has been a tough transition , but believe me at the end of it, from my experience one will be emerging so much stronger. I have never regretted leaving. It can be done. Hang in there. Follow your gut feeling.
Thanks for your opinion. This open marriage idea came out as a result of the lawyer meeting, making it a real thing that will happen eventually. He asked if we "really need a piece of paper that declares us legally divorced"....I told him that I can't be available to anyone else in a relationship if I am still married. #-o

He seems to be really concerned with how other people will react. I don't care what people will think or say. They don't live my life, I do.
Never give up! Keep moving forward, no matter what.