Strike 10

A place to help from being limerent again and how to cope with limerence in future relationships.
Max
Great Britain

Strike 10

Post by Max »

So the sweet lady I was dating who was making me feel so much better about myself texted tonight to say she's not ready for something with me. Still too hung up on her ex.

And so I'm kinda heartbroken as you can guess. Damn, she was so lovely, kind and enthusiastic..

But her message was so kindly and sweetly worded that it spurred me into taking some action I should've taken long ago...

I finally removed LO from my facebook friends list. A small, but important gesture. The sweet, gentleness of this lady's kindly and carefully chosen words stood as a stark contrast to Lo's extreme callousness and bitchiness.

It's a reminder that there are still good people in this world who manage to summon the effort to say the right things at the right time, to cushion the blow, even if they're not the right person for you at this time.

Perhaps she has even helped me heal a little in the short time we've known each other.

This is the 10th lady I've dated since re-entering singledom last summer. Not a single one has made it past the 2nd date. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm coated head to foot in woman repellent! :)) Ah well..
NoDayDreaming

Re: Strike 10

Post by NoDayDreaming »

so sorry. sounded like she was the medication you needed. here is a radical idea: tell her you liked her a lot and hope to find someone similar and ask that question (half joking) about that woman repellent thing and a recommendation for future relationships. tell her you'll be waiting if she ever changes her mind. these things are never in stone. sounds like she needs a lot of loving attention too.
Last edited by NoDayDreaming on Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Max
Great Britain

Re: Strike 10

Post by Max »

Thanks NDD. Yeah she was a keeper for sure. Her type of kindness is all too uncommon.

I already replied earlier. I thanked her for her kindness. What I also said was that I had been there myself recently, that I hope she heals well and soon, that I've no doubt she'll make some lucky guy ridiculously happy and that she's welcome to keep in touch if she felt like it. And that it was a very great pleasure to have known her if not.

I'm not sure I can bear the answer to the repellent question, though I'm fairly sure she'd be far too kind to give me that honest feedback anyway.

Anyway she lit up my life for a few short weeks and I'm grateful for that.