Quotes to motivate you

What did you learn from your expereince of limerence? How did you change? how did you grow? What were the upsides and downsides?
Matty5000
Canada

Re: Quotes to motivate you

Post by Matty5000 »

“People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.”
― Bill Watterson, The Calvin And Hobbes: Tenth Anniversary Book
Other people make excellent mirrors.
Male: 35
Matty5000
Canada

Post by Matty5000 »

“They will hate you if you are beautiful. They will hate you if you are successful. They will hate you if you are right. They will hate you if you are popular. They will hate you when you get attention. They will hate you when people in their life like you. They will hate you if you worship a different version of their God. They will hate you if you are spiritual. They will hate you if you have courage. They will hate you if you have an opinion. They will hate you when people support you. They will hate you when they see you happy. Heck, they will hate you while they post prayers and religious quotes on Pinterest and Facebook. They just hate. However, remember this: They hate you because you represent something they feel they don’t have. It really isn’t about you. It is about the hatred they have for themselves. So smile today because there is something you are doing right that has a lot of people thinking about you.”
― Shannon L. Alder
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

David wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:08 am "One way adult children avoid their legitimate suffering is by staying in their heads. This involves obsessing about things, analyzing, discussing, reading, and spending lots of energy in trying to figure things out. There is a story about a room with two doors. Each door has a sign on it. One says HEAVEN; the other says LECTURE ON HEAVEN. All the co-dependent adult children are lined up in front of the door that says LECTURE ON HEAVEN!"

John Bradshaw
Love this!

"You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun."

Shaun Hick
Learn to forgive...Life is too short to live with hate.
"Everything is within your power, and your power is within you." Janice Trachtman
Matty5000
Canada

Post by Matty5000 »

As a kid I was obsessed with Samurai. I can't remember where I got this from but I wrote it in my journal a Long time ago.

HONESTY AND JUSTICE

Be acutely honest throughout your dealings with all people. Believe in justice, not from other people, but from yourself. There are no shades of grey in the question of honesty and justice. There is only right and wrong.

POLITE COURTESY

You have no reason to be cruel. You do not need to prove your strength. You should be courteous, even to your enemies. Without this outward show of respect, we are nothing more than animals. You should not only be respected for your strength in battle, but also by your dealings with others.
The true strength of anyone becomes apparent during difficult times.

HEROIC COURAGE

Rise up above the masses who are afraid to act. Hiding like a turtle in a shell is not living at all. One must have heroic courage. It is absolutely risky. It is dangerous. It is living life completely, fully, wonderfully. Heroic courage is not blind. It is intelligent and strong.

HONOR

A true man has only one judge of honor, and this is himself. Decisions you make and how these decisions are carried out are a reflection of whom you truly are. You cannot hide from yourself.

COMPASSION

Through intense training you become quick and strong. You are not like others. You develop a power that must be used for the good of all. You must have compassion. You help your fellow man at every opportunity. If an opportunity does not arise, you will go out of your way to find one.

COMPLETE SINCERITY

When one says they will perform an action, it is as good as done. Nothing will stop them from completing what they said they will do. One does not have to 'give his word'. One does not have to 'promise'. Speaking and doing are the same action.

DUTY AND LOYALTY

For a man, having done some "thing" or said some "thing", he is responsible for it, and all consequences that follow. A man is immensly loyal to those in his care. To those he is responsible for he remains fiercely true.
Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker »

Matty5000

Great words to live by! Thank you for sharing.

A memorable scene starring the great Kathryn Hepburn....

“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung
Matty5000
Canada

Post by Matty5000 »

Spinnaker wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:38 pm Matty5000

Great words to live by! Thank you for sharing.

A memorable scene starring the great Kathryn Hepburn....

Such possibilities my children...
Great scene! I've never seen that movie before. What's it called? I'd like to check it out.
Thanks for sharing :)
Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker »

Thanks!

The Lion in Winter 1968? I recall watching it on TV with my Dad about a decade after the film was released.

Here's a preview:

Carl Jung
Radey
Great Britain

Post by Radey »

Grief is not a disorder, a disease or a sign of weakness. It’s an emotional, physical and spiritual necessity. Anon.

I thank all those that have hurt me in the past; they have taught me that pain is not an excuse to quit the fight.
Paulo Coelho

We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." —Martin Luther King, Jr.

Grief, pain and disappointment were some of the strongest emotions that I had to deal with in recovering from limerence. The truth is that they are finite and temporary and we must never lose hope that one day we will be 100% free but we must do the work and be determined.

I still have some occasional days when I miss the friendship of my exLO and wish things were different but I have hope that one day I will think about him without feeling any emotion at all. He was my first LE and I have hope that he will be the last by God’s grace.

Good luck my friends, I sympathise with those who are struggling. Have hope that one day you will be free.

Radey
Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker »

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl Jung
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Love that, Radey. So glad to hear this! Great quotes. Ty!😊😊 hmmm....grief, necessary.
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald