Grasping at straws. Need some encouragement.

What did you learn from your expereince of limerence? How did you change? how did you grow? What were the upsides and downsides?
Maddie

Grasping at straws. Need some encouragement.

Post by Maddie »

First of all…Good news! Went to see my Th yesterday for the first time since this whole LE thing really got kicked off. She was so VALIDATIING and understanding of this lovely condition. I expressed to her how I was still saddened by the fact that I will not be able to have the access to him that I’d like. She said that the sadness IS likely due to that loss of hope of “the dream.” She said for me not to be so hard on myself. She said that I have been through a massive mind-f*ck the past few months. =)) She likened it to withdrawing from a drug.

I suppose the conversation with her and the reliving of the duration of LE brought back strong feelings which led me to think about messaging him over FB. I honestly don’t think I would….but it was mighty tempting last night.

Today the urge has dwindled and I’m feeling hopeful that I won’t reach out. So feelings and urges pass if we don’t give in, right?
I can get through this, surely.

Thanks for reading!
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
Havb
Saint-Martin (French part)

Re: Grasping at straws. Need some encouragement.

Post by Havb »

You can do it, Maddie! Maybe write him in your journal, then burn what you write? Fire burns stuff away metaphorically too!
“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” -Samuel Beckett

There is always more work to be done.
Matty5000
Canada

Post by Matty5000 »

Don't give in M!
You can do it! The urge to contact him will pass :)
Other people make excellent mirrors.
Male: 35
Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker »

Stay strong Maddie! I'm glad you had a good session. Sounds like you have a good T
Last edited by Spinnaker on Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Thanks you guys and gals. I really do appreciate the support- it helps tremendously!

Spin-
I am :)
thank you...some great points there!!! Acceptance is a hard pill to swallow. Like Melody Beattie says, "It's a lot of grief."
:ymhug:
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

The T also asked me, "What void did the LE fill? And I'm not talking about your childhood per se (because I am painfully aware of this void), but in your life now?" Good question.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Glad you found an awesome T! Someone who can ask pertinent questions in the right way. I can't wait to hear how the rest of your sessions go.

You can do this. Cos guess what... you already are! :)
"LF, why do you weep for the inner child of your abusers?"
"Because I'm not like them."
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Thanks, LF! It's good to know I have ppl backing me. That is pertinent in recovery!!

Yes, my T is great. I've been working with her for a long time. She's extremely non judgemental and specializes in the treatment of addiction. Those two factors go nicely together. 😊

F. Scott Fitzgerald