BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Sad Day

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
mycorona

Re: Sad Day

Post by mycorona »

@selkie
Thanks for reading some of my story. I wish us both relief from limerence and hope in finding something to replace this need to be loved, appreciated, desired...I guess the list is long for us limerents. Why we crave these things and do not seem to have them with our SOs is a mystery to me. We are all hopeless romantics and dreamers I think.

@Spadge
Thanks for the encouragement Spadge. And I wish you strength going through with your NC. You're doing so well, keep it up.
you said..."Please do be careful for what you wish for though. After a kiss\night together and a four month EA, I can honestly say the pain\depression\anxiety\guilt\shame\rumination really doesn’t compensate for the giddy times at first."

Yes, I guess but there is the other side of that, the yearning for it, the wondering if he wants to kiss me as badly as I want to kiss him. It's a mind f..k either way I think. If we get it we either want more or regret it terribly and if we don't get it, we want to get it so badly.
The human condition!!!
A mystery.....
Me: F
LO: M
Both Married
“Invisible Threads are the Strongest Ties” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Spadge100

Post by Spadge100 »

Breed mycorona the mind can be a wonderful thing but also the most annoying thing in the world at times!

That damn chimp brain needs to keep out of affairs of the heart that’s for sure!!
mycorona

Post by mycorona »

Ha ha Spadge. Chimp brain - love it!
Me: F
LO: M
Both Married
“Invisible Threads are the Strongest Ties” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
selkie354
Canada

Post by selkie354 »

mycorona

Yes hard to know why we need these thing so badly. My SO certainly loves me, I feel so guilty that this is not enough. Digging down for me it probably does have something to do with my father. While always present and supportive, he was always very emotionally closed off and distant. My mother is the one with the obvious issues, but the more I think about it he has his as well, they are just buried. I guess part of me always wanted to heal him from the pain I sensed, have him open up to me.

One thing I think may trigger some of my physical insecurity is that during puberty I gained some weight, nothing crazy just enough that I didn't look my best, both parents would make mean comments about my attempts to diet and weren't themselves particularly good examples in this regard. I think there is part of me that internalized that I was not good or attractive enough. Even though I have gotten in much better shape since then and generally think I am attractive, I suppose sometimes still I need the extra validation of that from a man.

Thinking about this stuff is not fun but hopefully we can figure it out and heal. Good luck!
itry

Post by itry »

Last edited by itry on Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ireneadler

Post by ireneadler »

itry wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:30 am Hello everyone,
All valid points. A lot of what happened in our childhood,
Some sort of imbalance crept in and left a mark in your life, right before you got limerent.
@itry

Interesting theory!
100% true for me. I’ve always had crushes, but broken trust is what likely led me to an all-consuming limerence.
40 something, married with kids
LO is a married with kids co-worker
itry

Post by itry »