BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

You are the LO

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Nasrin

You are the LO

Post by Nasrin »

If someone confessed to you that you are their LO how would you react?
Spadge100

Re: You are the LO

Post by Spadge100 »

Knowing what I know now, and if there were barriers in place I would be as clear as possible that it can’t and won’t happen and make it clear that friendship is not an option.

It’s cruel at first but is the only kind thing to do in the long run.
IvB
Czech Republic

Post by IvB »

I am sure I would not be able to do that, fearing that they would hate me and that I would hurt them :( even though like Spadge says, it's the correct option.
John

Post by John »

This happened to me recently. The daughter of a family friend told me I was her "kryptonite". I was so shocked and puzzled that I couldn't respond. When I got home and googled it I found that it meant I was her weakness. She is married with a child and a generation younger than me. Suddenly, I remember her being close to me for that past 10 years or so and realized that I might be her LO. I'm also married and although I'm flattered by her attention, I know that it is just a fantasy and not real. Fortunately we don't see each other often so there is no contact except during family gatherings. I also have boundaries that are more firm than any temptations that arise.
Spadge100

Post by Spadge100 »

Hi John

Kryptonite is exactly right term for LO. When in the depths of initial NC that’s exactly how I described it. It’s not toxic per se but just incredibly debilitating much like kryptonite is to Superman. Almost a kind of allergy.

In a way it’s good that you know that’s the case and can keep those boundaries in place.
Spadge100

Post by Spadge100 »

To add to that there is a great song called Krytonite by 3 doors down that sums it up perfectly.

It’s not a song I can listen to anymore, I annoyingly discovered it while getting over my EA.
Nasrin

Post by Nasrin »

NC is not an option because he is my neighbor and I bump into him almost daily, and our families are close friends.
Spadge100

Post by Spadge100 »

If you are his LO and you don’t want that then I would be clear but fair. Then avoid any situations where you are alone or that can be misconstrued differently. It’s the only fair thing to do I think.