Complex trauma

A section on how we were parented and how we parent our own children (where relevant). It is likely that much of the origins of our Limerence start in childhood, this is an important sub-forum.
Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... ip-levels/ to subscribe
JP54
United States of America

Complex trauma

Post by JP54 »

I know, I thought I was done with posting in this forum, but I started listening to this long series of lectures and that finally convinced me all my life long issues, including limerence, stem from the complex trauma in childhood (that didn't seem that bad on a surface). Take a listen and I hope you find it as useful as I did:
"Stop showing up for people who are indifferent to your presence. Stop loving people who aren't ready to love you." ~Sir Anthony Hopkins
selkie354
Canada

Re: Complex trauma

Post by selkie354 »

Thanks for sharing. This whole thing is making me look critically at my childhood and various destructive relationships I've had over the years. Grew up with Narcissistic mother and emotionally distant father> was never good enough growing up. Now I am never satisfied and always seeking validation from emotionally distant men. I also have developed some crappy tendencies and behavior myself, wish I knew how to fix it.
AMA210
United States of America

Re: Complex trauma

Post by AMA210 »

Thanks for sharing this.
@selkie: this totally resonates with me.
Never give up! Keep moving forward, no matter what.