BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

How did you go NC? How long until you felt some relief?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Teana

How did you go NC? How long until you felt some relief?

Post by Teana »

When starting no contact, did you explain your LO what you are doing or just stopped replying to messages?

I have to go NC, because LO is a horrible person and treats me like trash. I do not want to explain him what made me upset, because he will try to lure me in. He thinks we are on good terms now, even through he didnt change even after talking to him before what I dont like.

Is it weird to ghost somebody you “date” for 8 months?

I dont feel like explaining him anything if he doesnt realize himself anymore that he is an asshole. He doesnt respect me so it kind of makes me think I dont need to respect him or explain anything.

How did you go NC? And how long it took you to get even slightly better?
F 28
LO M 40
JMS164
United States of America

Re: How did you go NC? How long until you felt some relief?

Post by JMS164 »

I didn't go NC with my most recent LO, but I've had various persons I've had to go NC with in my life. My opinion is that you do not need to explain yourself to the person you are cutting out. I think often the desire to explain it is to spark some kind of response or change in the person. I think it takes away from the decision when the reason you are going NC is to put a stop to abuse. Plus, it never works the way we hope it will.

Fact is, telling the person you're done with them and the unhealthy dynamic is just talking. It communicates that your mind can be swayed. Taking action and setting the boundary firmly whether the other person tries to cross the line says that you're choosing you from now on. I think there are scenarios where someone is really good friends with LO, and it makes sense to give a heads up about pulling back. It doesn't seem like that's your situation, though.

I would seriously consider just blocking his number and sitting with the discomfort. It's not going to feel good for a long time, but one day, you will be happy you did it.
"Love is a human religion in which another person is believed in." — Robert Seidenberg
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

My LO and I never exchanged messages. I just kind of quietly avoided him. I would give the advice that if someone doesn't make the effort with you, you should ask yourself if they're worth your effort.

Teena, I did technically ghost two guys I'd dated off and on over periods of time. Again goes back to the effort question.
She's not broken, she's just a baby. But her boyfriend's like a dad just like a dad-Lady Gaga, Alejandro
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

It took years, but then, it took years of working out why I was attracted in the first instance.

Know what matters most to you - it sounds like respect is important to you, so hold on to what you value. Choose to put yourself first and make you a priority.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Teana

Post by Teana »

L-F wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:20 am It took years, but then, it took years of working out why I was attracted in the first instance.

Know what matters most to you - it sounds like respect is important to you, so hold on to what you value.
Oh no, years...if this is the case I think I got myself in big shit...
.. i have 3 months most until I work on the same floor. I done need to talk to him, but seeing is probably not NC. Probably I need to switch job.

Yes, respect of course. I think I dont have any respect for myself from what all I did for him and allowed him to do me. But there is a tiny bit of self respect starting to appear , because I am starting to be ashamed of myself and disapointed at myself.
F 28
LO M 40
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

You'll work thru it in your own time. Believe in yourself, and be kind to yourself. Sometimes we need to be our own best friend.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald