BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Question-- trying to back out of this "relationship"

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
HopelesslyDevoted

Re: Question-- trying to back out of this "relationship"

Post by HopelesslyDevoted »

I really thought that I could be friends with my LO but I have to accept that it's just not possible. I was always like a moth to a flame with him when we dated years. Trying to be friends now is like playing with fire and my wings are burning.

It makes me incredibly sad to admit that I have to give him up completely, I'm not sure if I'm strong enough, but I'm trying.
Good luck everyone!
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

yes, you are strong enough! granted, it is hard because there's grief involved...maybe we could think of it as "one day at a time" vs "I'll never talk to him again." think that would make it easier? then when days, weeks, months, years pass we can look back with fond memories (if there are any), but remind ourselves that it was a mistake and that it burned us-- so we don't go back.
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
HopelesslyDevoted

Post by HopelesslyDevoted »

That's a great idea. I've changed my signature to list date of last contact, who contacted who, what form it took and then I'm going to add a full stop every day since that date so I can track my progress.

I'm going to treat myself with something at milestones like a week, two weeks, a month etc. (If I get that far! I've been tempted twice today already but talked myself down). I came here to read and post instead. Checking for replies here beats checking my text messages every five minutes!
Good luck everyone!
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

It truly is better!
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald