BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

A short video on limerence and shame

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

A short video on limerence and shame

Post by David »

Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
Maddie

Re: A short video on limerence and shame

Post by Maddie »

Thanks so much David for the video, forum moderation, and for the groups etc that you lead to help us limerents. Great video. I'd love to lose some of the shame @};- I agree with what you said about not many knowing the term (even my counselor)...but I've since educated him lol...and he asks me now "how's the limerence?" Feels very validating.
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
Spadge100

Post by Spadge100 »

Thanks David for sharing and managing the site. it really is a lifeline for this debilitating condition.

I too wish it was more well known and not just brushed off as nothing important. Having recently been in hospital due to the withdrawal from an EA, being diagnosed as bipolar (which I don’t think it is, I believe it was just the dopamine crash when the EA ended) not one of the counsellors or therapists I spoke to since had heard of the term and were largely dismissive of it. It’s hard to believe it’s not a lot more prevalent as a condition and as you say, so much more addictive and difficult to beat than any man made substance.

Thanks again for all your hard work, it’s much appreciated 👍👍
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

Spadge100 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:03 pm Having recently been in hospital due to the withdrawal from an EA, being diagnosed as bipolar (which I don’t think it is, I believe it was just the dopamine crash when the EA ended) not one of the counsellors or therapists I spoke to since had heard of the term and were largely dismissive of it. I
Sorry to read about the hospitalisation, that sucks.

Ive quoted Mackler's work a lot on this site as his views resonate with my own. this recent one on the overdiagnosis of bipolar is interesting.

My feeling is as with most psychological issues, is they emanate from early life and / or transgenerational trauma where we receive not enough love, too much love or the wrong type of love.

I also believe the transgenerational aspects of trauma are also largely unrecognised.

Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
Spadge100

Post by Spadge100 »

Thanks David

A very interesting watch. Interestingly I was put in anti-depressants shortly after the EA ended and about six weeks after that had a psychotic episode. I was definitely in mania during the EA.

The hospital was surprised how quickly I recovered once they took me off the anti-depressants as when I presented I was massively delusional and they thought I had taken street drugs, which I definitely hadn’t.

I do believe the diagnosis is wrong and just think it was the brain chemicals from an intense EA\LE.

Really appreciate the link many thanks
mamasita

Post by mamasita »

Thank you David!
I have recently begun to cycle back to the shame stage of this, so perhaps I need to open up and discuss it again with my therapist to get it out into the sunlight.