BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Everything Politics

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Everything Politics

Post by JupiterTaco »

Yes, I'm going there. I'm starting this because I'm sick of politicians and their power trips, I don't care which party, they both do it and they're both shit. So first to start, apparently Roe vs. Wade was overturned but nobody had a chance to vote on it (it's apparently coming up in ballot later)? Which goes against what a few of us on the forum have discussed, that people should have a license to procreate and both my parents are examples of that. I loathe to see the effects this is going to have on society. =)) If innocent souls weren't going to be the ones affected as they usually are; =((
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/202 ... 361124007/

And of course the one I love to hate, Biden, and his latest big-man, office power trip which again nobody had a chance to vote on; aside from that, they can literally make ghost guns out of nothing! Who still thinks gun reform laws work??? People. Are. Just. Stupid! Especially ironically the idiots in power!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 60299263b5

Have a rant against politicians? This is your new safe place!
Last edited by JupiterTaco on Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: Political Rant Forum

Post by David »

If i was running the world i would prevent any one that wanted to become a politician becoming one. For me its mostly about power, control and an infantile ego. Alternatively a mandatory 10 years of weekly psychotherapy and some drug assisted psychedelic therapy before permitted to stand for office. That would soon sort out those with a genuine desire to make change versus those in it for more self serving needs.

Yesterday our PM, Boris said he refused to undergo any form of psychological transformation - hows that for narcissism and arrogance! I wonder what he's afraid of? =))
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61934851

I gave up on politicians a long time ago.
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

I don't have the energy for a long argument, but me, the LA Times & the state of California beg to differ on gun laws. Giving up is not an option; we can't let schoolkids live in the line of fire. That's all I'm going to say.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latime ... f_amp=true
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

I’m curious as to why people get so caught up on trying to prove their argument is right and the other person is wrong in the current climate that seems to be getting more divisive

My wife and I are pretty much aligned on our views however we have disagreed on the roe versus wade issue. We both agreed to disagree and leave it at that. Neither of us need to try and prove that our point is correct. I can see both sides of the argument and these things are never that simplistic, life is rarely black and white
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

David wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:35 pm I’m curious as to why people get so caught up on trying to prove their argument is right and the other person is wrong in the current climate that seems to be getting more divisive

My wife and I are pretty much aligned on our views however we have disagreed on the roe versus wade issue. We both agreed to disagree and leave it at that. Neither of us need to try and prove that our point is correct. I can see both sides of the argument and these things are never that simplistic, life is rarely black and white
I agree. It might have to do with the reality that one party in power can affect the rights of the other and people don't like it. I think testing politicians (and CEOs) is a good idea.
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

David wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:35 pm I’m curious as to why people get so caught up on trying to prove their argument is right and the other person is wrong in the current climate that seems to be getting more divisive
This applies to all heated debates, not just politically charged ones. Haha... I had an 'aha' moment regarding some members saying I was an xyz on here. Back then I'd be drawn into the robust discussion. But honestly? It's the perfect opportunity to thank them for showing me my blind spot on the Johari Window model (which ultimately helps to increase ego awareness). Besides, what's there really to argue? Everyone has their own perspective right?
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Zsababy
United States of America

Re: Political Rant Thread

Post by Zsababy »

I don't know if it's a matter of being right just for its own sake, just out of ego. I think you can passionately care about an issue but still be able to set that aside when you're connecting with a person in different ways. Not everybody just wants to be a know-it-all, but they want to get people on board to build a better society. That's how we evolve. Just my take on things
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

True that Zsababy. We are all passionate about something, nothing wrong with that, besides that's how good is done in this world, think global warming, rallies, etc.
I think it's great to have a cause to fight for. I just don't expect others to follow me. I'm guessing its like that for most people? Can't say I've gone up against anyone trying to prove they are right with regards to politics, religion, etc.

So in that sense, believing is something is okay. Shaming or blaming others for not thinking their way, not so okay.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

At the risk of dragging politics into any other threads I'll just go ahead and put anything politic related in here including videos