BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Do you want to help with a study on limerence?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Do you want to help with a study on limerence?

Post by David »

hi All

I received this by way of an old academic connection from the precursor to this forum - tribe.limerence.net.

Its a study being run by an Assistant professor of psychology at Coventry University in the UK, Dr. Daniel Waldeck

Here is what Dr. Daniel is asking for:

My name is Dr Daniel Waldeck (Coventry University) and I’m currently conducting a research project testing the validity of a new measure of Limerence. This study has been approved by HLS Coventry Ethics P110039. This research study will involve participants completing an online survey which takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. All answers and results from the questionnaires are kept strictly confidential and the results will be reported in a research paper available to all participants on completion.

Please find the link below for our study:

https://coventry.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/limerence-survey

Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
L-F
United States of America

Re: Do you want to help with a study on limerence?

Post by L-F »

I might traumatize Dr Waldeck with my responses :))

Joking. Just popped on to say it might pay to pin this to the top of the thread until it's past its use-by date?
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

Good idea LF- made it a sticky!

thanks
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
IvB
Czech Republic

Post by IvB »

Done! Good to see more awareness of this hell:)
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

IvB wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:08 pm Done! Good to see more awareness of this hell:)
Absolutely - still feels like Sisyphus at times and i dont think awareness has been raised much if at all in the therapeutic community over the past decade
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

All I see is limerence limerence limerence these days. Everyone is an expert on it.
But...
I still stand my ground when it comes to being treated by someone who hasn't experienced it themselves.
In my opinion, there isn't any kind of understanding without experience. It would be like having a midwife who hasn't had children, explain levels of pain.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

What's your thoughts on it David? I believe therapists don't have to experience everything in order to understand a concept, however, when it comes to limerence, would you recommend a friend of yours (therapist) who you know hasn't experienced it?
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

L-F wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:07 am What's your thoughts on it David? I believe therapists don't have to experience everything in order to understand a concept, however, when it comes to limerence, would you recommend a friend of yours (therapist) who you know hasn't experienced it?
Such a good question. I felt shamed when my therapist didn't take my limerence seriously, describing it as just a crush. It would have helped to have a T that totally got the agony and ecstasy that limerence was/is. For sure, if you can find a goof therapist ( a challenge in itself as many in my judgement are still acting out their own Parental Rescue Fantasies) ) that has endured limerence than that would be best. If the choice is between a good t that hasn't had L versus a not so good with experience of L, id go for the better T.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

David wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:12 am Such a good question. I felt shamed when my therapist didn't take my limerence seriously, describing it as just a crush.
Being a client feeling ashamed would have been awful.

After doing the survey it dawned on me... In my opinion (and I'm full of them =)) ) limerents make good daydreamers, they are good at fantasising. What happens if one recognises they are no longer good at fantasizing? Is it a part of recovery? Maturity? What? My fantasising button is broken. I used to drift off to sleep creating all sorts of stories. Now? I'll try (because I know its a way for me to drift off half way thru), but I just can't stick with it. My mind will drift off reflecting upon the day or my to do list, but never a fantasy.

Would make for an interesting discussion regarding outcomes, or those who find they are no longer limerent. Also, do people who have never experienced limerence daydream? It would be good to compare limerents to non-limerents and limerent-prone people. Incidentally, what makes someone limerent-prone? Trauma? Brain chemistry? Fascinating. We need a lot more research done.
IvB
Czech Republic

Post by IvB »

L-F wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:30 am
David wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:12 am Such a good question. I felt shamed when my therapist didn't take my limerence seriously, describing it as just a crush.
My fantasising button is broken. I used to drift off to sleep creating all sorts of stories. Now? I'll try (because I know its a way for me to drift off half way thru), but I just can't stick with it. My mind will drift off reflecting upon the day or my to do list, but never a fantasy.
Wow, you are right, same here! It's either my limerent fantasies or nothing... Though I have to say now that I am over the worst of my limerence, some of the fantasies came back, at least for short times...