BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

NAC supplement

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
gargantua65

NAC supplement

Post by gargantua65 »

Hi,
Has anyone here tried NAC? I just got myself a bottle today and hoping it may be a nice complement with mindfulness, CBT and cognitive therapy. Any experiences with NAC helping limerence, obsessive thoughts and rummiation, anxiety etc?
Thanks
Stay strong
lin_kalinska

Re: NAC supplement

Post by lin_kalinska »

I ordered one today based on Neurosparkle.com article. I am willing to try anything. This is torture. I will update.
F late 30s, in open relationship
LO M probably around 40, married, coworker in diff country
Met him once, so... :-??
NC since 11/2020, broke it twice
Spadge100

Post by Spadge100 »

I have been trying NAC. It’s hard to know if it is working as I am still limerent!! 😃 but as you say, anything is worth a try to beat this!!
gargantua65

Post by gargantua65 »

Lol yes. I have also been microdosing with truffles for 5 weeks now and taking Leon's mane. As its microdosing, it is supposed to be imperceptible, so I dont know if thats working. I felt slightly better, but very slightly... Also, and based on neurosparkle too, today I had my first NAC , 2 pills alltogether 1500mg. All the racing toughts have suddenly gone. Weird, first time in months since I met my last LO really I have never felt so peaceful. I feel like myself, no anxiety, no intrusive thoughts, sadness or any comorbidties of this terrible cindition. On a cognintive level I was more focused and aware. Whenever the thought of my LO came in as usual today, it vansihed quickly and very naturally.... Weird!! Before my brain was in total fog!! Fingers crossed... Been al so trying to meditate altough that proves very hard , no focus ....
Alexgal
Canada

Post by Alexgal »

gargantua65 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:20 pm Lol yes. I have also been microdosing with truffles for 5 weeks now and taking Leon's mane. As its microdosing, it is supposed to be imperceptible, so I dont know if thats working. I felt slightly better, but very slightly... Also, and based on neurosparkle too, today I had my first NAC , 2 pills alltogether 1500mg. All the racing toughts have suddenly gone. Weird, first time in months since I met my last LO really I have never felt so peaceful. I feel like myself, no anxiety, no intrusive thoughts, sadness or any comorbidties of this terrible cindition. On a cognintive level I was more focused and aware. Whenever the thought of my LO came in as usual today, it vansihed quickly and very naturally.... Weird!! Before my brain was in total fog!! Fingers crossed... Been al so trying to meditate altough that proves very hard , no focus ....
Hi mate
Can you update us about your NAC usage. Do you still take it. Does it work for you? Thanks
DreamingBlue
United States of America

Post by DreamingBlue »

Hi, after feeling no effect whatsoever, I can say that 1000mg 2x a day does indeed do something to soften the manic, racing thoughts of LO, or other anxiety-provoking thoughts. Nothing major, but it is doing something, I think. Consistent usage is imperative.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Flicking through old threads I came across this and was intrigued...
I don't know what NAC is but sounds as though it could be used for an over-thinker in general (whether limerent or not).
Had never heard of neurosparkle so checked it out. Now I'm not opposed to neuroscience though I did find the first article I read, in part, contradicted itself. So apparently we are programmed to want to seek new partners every 2-4 years. Hence needing someone to "make our lives intense". I have to laugh, being married to the same person for a long time can definitely make ones life intense (tongue in cheek), so then why need to find someone new to do it? And what about those limerent cases that have lasted for longer than 4 years? Which incidentally blows the 2-4 years theory out if the water.

Moral of the story? Don't believe everything you read regarding limerence - everyone wants to be an expert on it... especially those who have experienced it... Why? Probably because it taps into a bit of heroticism (made up word but I kind of like it)... heroicalness - the state of being heroic. =))

That's why I enjoy this forum, you can take any angle on the subject without being tied to one specific area or profession.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Adding... I'm not promoting taking NAC either because I don't know what it is. Maybe someone can enlighten me? Also, not saying neurosparkle isn't worth checking out, it might be your cup of tea. For me, I prefer to do a lot of research from various sources, and without sounding like a broken record =))
this forum has a ton of different articles, etc. So take what resonates for you and leave what doesn't. \:D/
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Sunflower
Great Britain

Post by Sunflower »

Hey LR,

N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) is used by the body to build antioxidants. Antioxidants are vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that protect and repair cells from damage. You can get NAC as a supplement or a prescription drug. I think it’s a precursor to glutathione. I take it before I go out if I know I’m going to drink alcohol. Definitely helps soften the hangover. I have heard before it’s good for limerence but I think you have to take a big dose…..
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Thanks Sunflower! So it's the synthetic form of the amino acid cysteine. If at all possible I look for natural alternatives and it looks as though it's easy to get from foods high in cystine. "Cystine is the oxidized dimer form of the amino acid cysteine, and is considered nutritionally equivalent to cysteine."
https://www.myfooddata.com/articles/hig ... -foods.php