BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

God damn relapse. With ONE picture

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
IvB
Czech Republic

Re: God damn relapse. With ONE picture

Post by IvB »

L-F wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:11 am Trying to give a little perspective here. Since I'm guessing it's not ALL of you all of the time, how much space does this part of you take up?
We all wear/have different hats/masks/personas/alter egos, etc. We act differently in church than we would with friends at a party. We talk differently with grandparents vs buddies at the pub. Our behaviour changes depending upon our environment and the people we are with.

Are there times this needy, feisty, hungry man is satisfied? And what does that look like? What triggers this part of you? Just throwing out some questions to ponder, or not. No need to answer them here.
Thank you, L-F, you are right, as usual. Interesting question about the triggers. I think for me it's times of uncertainty, when something stressful is happening and I feel the need to escape in fantasy at least for a while. And also time when I am bored/have too much time to think.
DB, what about you?
Rezz

Re: God damn relapse. With ONE picture

Post by Rezz »

DreamingBlue wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:42 am And so the inner argument, the turmoil, the conflict, the ruminating and daydreaming, the what ifs, all come flooding back. I hate it.
Wow! You described this so perfectly.

It's really scary to think that all the intensity can come running back at such a moment's notice. It's scary when you feel like your own brain is your enemy. How do you escape that?