BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

woman gets ghosted by soul mate after leaving husband

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: woman gets ghosted by soul mate after leaving husband

Post by JupiterTaco »

Eek, I read about that some time ago. But just because she ended her relationship for this relationship doesn't mean this relationship wasn't meant to end anyway. Maybe it was and this was the catalyst for it and she just misplaced the meaning and message. Who knows...
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

I think the big problem is that she expected that a total stranger would cure her unhappiness. That sounds like limerance big-time.

I've definitely done that. You feel a void then you think someone that shows the slightest potential will fill that void right away. I think we can all relate to that-- or at least some of us can
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Zsababy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:06 pm I think we can all relate to that-- or at least some of us can
Yep, me! *raises hand*
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

Amanda replied to my email, she hadn't heard of limerence at the time, and others have commented to her since so she has heard the term.
Ive asked for a copy of her book.
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
Significant other
Spain

Post by Significant other »

My wife could have written a similar story by collecting all her semi-delusional journals.
After almost 3 months of separation, forced by me, we got back together. -more or less... there is still a lot of distance-
She has gone to total NC and has totally blocked fantasies. (I want to believe, I don't observe emotional ups and downs or I see that she hides her phone, etc...)
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

JupiterTaco wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:53 pm just because she ended her relationship for this relationship doesn't mean this relationship wasn't meant to end anyway. Maybe it was and this was the catalyst for it and she just misplaced the meaning and message. Who knows...
Right? Most limerents, in my view, are unhappily married even if they don't recognize it.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

I would argue that most if not, everyone with Limerence is unhappily married to themselves. We are looking to our partners to make ourselves feel happy. It is not our partners responsibility to make us happy, that it’s our responsibility to do ourselves.

Once we’ve done that work, we are then better able to look at our partners and take a more objective view as to if we want to stay in a relationship with them. It may be they to have work to do and are refusing to do that, which is a common situation.
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

True. As the saying goes, you can't love somebody else if you don't love yourself. Thus most are in unhappy marriages without realizing it. It definitely takes two but starts with one.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Or as Ru Paul says "If you don't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?"
It boils down to self-acceptance IMO. Which takes work (which you mentioned David). Within Ru's mandate to love one's self is the implied understanding that self-love means showing up and presenting one's self to the world fully without shame or fear.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

So true...
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian