BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Feeling a little lost?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
L-F
United States of America

Re: Feeling a little lost?

Post by L-F »

L-F wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:26 am And please don't bring up neuropathways :-j

Because I can't imagine the brain can split between two states similatously, or perhaps it can?
Actually, it can. It's called paradoxical thinking or something along those lines as far as I believe but im no expert. Would love to hear others' thoughts.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Eva
United States of America

Post by Eva »

I am right there with you, just discovering this disorder in myself and trying to incorporate new understanding into approaching my life story. I have had therapy before. It did not help.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

Eva wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:30 pm I have had therapy before. It did not help.
Set and setting are important. Maybe not the right time in your life or maybe not the right therapist for you?

It took me multiple attempts to find a good therapist and on reflection I wasn't ready to look at myself, when i was younger. I would not write off all therapy/therapists yet. For me it was lie changing, however I have a friend where multiple therapists and extended periods of therapy have not helped much. My sense is when trauma was very early life its hard to access.
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

I agree with David. Sometimes it takes a while to get the right therapist. I would say that if you get any feeling that you're not moving forward, get a new one. I saw one for a limerance in the past, paid $100 each session out of pocket and not only would she be at least 20 minutes late all the time, she asked me about my pets like it's just banter & fell asleep once !!! There are some useless ones out there.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Zsababy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:33 pm she asked me about my pets
I wonder where she was going with this? :-??

Seems incredibly odd.

Talking of poor Therapists, in the book “I’m Glad My Mom Died" by Jeanette McCurdy, her therapist whom she connected with, blurted out that her mother abused her. Imagine not knowing what abuse is and then being confronted with it without slowly coming to that realization. It was enough of a shock to cause her eating disorder to spiral out of control. Thankfully after a long time, she found another therapist who supported her to wellness.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

L-F wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:11 pm
Zsababy wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:33 pm she asked me about my pets
I wonder where she was going with this? :-??

Seems incredibly odd.

Talking of poor Therapists, in the book “I’m Glad My Mom Died" by Jeanette McCurdy, her therapist whom she connected with, blurted out that her mother abused her. Imagine not knowing what abuse is and then being confronted with it without slowly coming to that realization. It was enough of a shock to cause her eating disorder to spiral out of control. Thankfully after a long time, she found another therapist who supported her to wellness.

Was the therapist saying she herself was abused or that the patient was abused? Seems odd that the patient would be unaware but I guess there are different kinds of abuse
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Zsababy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:01 am
Was the therapist saying she herself was abused or that the patient was abused? Seems odd that the patient would be unaware but I guess there are different kinds of abuse
That the patient (Jeanette) was abused by her mother. And no, Jeanette had no idea. Things like always being physically showered by her mother, I think to the age of 16. Among other things like being put on a strict diet at a young age and constantly hounded about her weight. It was all about Jeanette (Sam Puckett in iCarly) breaking into show business.
Anyway, it came as a complete shock.