BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Tips for maintaining NC and fend off ruminating?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
HenrySilver
United States of America

Tips for maintaining NC and fend off ruminating?

Post by HenrySilver »

Hello all,

I’ve been trying to go minimal contact for about 2-3 months now. I’ve also been in therapy.

Things are much better than they were a year ago, but I’m still struggling with urges to reach out to my LO. (We work together).

About once a week, I end up caving in and reaching out to her. Although it’s a lot less contact than before (we used to chat daily), I’m still struggling with the rumination.

Does anyone have any tips that help them when they feel the urge to reach out? Mantras you repeat to yourself?

I’ve been trying to distract myself with hobbies and work. Therapist had also suggested that when I feel the urge to reach out, just switch gears and text my wife instead.

I’m interested to hear how you all have been coping. Thanks.
Male, married
LO, married coworker/close friend
L-F
United States of America

Re: Tips for maintaining NC and fend off ruminating?

Post by L-F »

HenrySilver wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:36 pm Therapist had also suggested that when I feel the urge to reach out, just switch gears and text my wife instead.
I like this tip! I've used it before too. Another tip I used is looking at the outcome of a union. For me, it was easy to see that we'd end up hating each other because I had fallen in love with an image of her and not for who she was as a person. Any idealization would have killed the long-term outcome.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald