BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Read this book!!

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
DreamingBlue
United States of America

Read this book!!

Post by DreamingBlue »

It’s called “Overcoming Unwanted Intrusive Thoughts” by Sally M Winston and Martin Seif.

Features actionable steps you can take to deal with the urgent, intrusive, tension-building thoughts we limerents get barraged with every few minutes some days.

Just teaching yourself that these thoughts are deceptive, non-urgent and won’t drive you crazy if they hang around is a big deal. Anxiety is down since reading this.

DB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
L-F
United States of America

Re: Read this book!!

Post by L-F »

Glad your anxiety is down DB!
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
DreamingBlue
United States of America

Post by DreamingBlue »

Thanks, still horrible temptation to send a "what's up" email to LO, telling myself I'm "better" now. LOL
Spadge100

Post by Spadge100 »

Hi DreamingBlue

I concur and can recommend that book also. I read it and it was very useful and does help reduce the anxiety.

It makes a lot of sense. You can’t control your thoughts and actually a lot of the reason rumination happens is because it’s pretty much the opposite of what you actually want, and fighting those thoughts keeps them sticky.

The thoughts will come they always do. But it’s how you let the emotional response determine the outcome. Observe, don’t put any meaning to them and they pass.

I too for some time had the thoughts to sent an I’m OK message. However the truth is they don’t really care either way, and the urge to send that shows you aren’t there yet, and not the other way around.

I guess you won’t actually know you are “over” it as it’s an addiction so really you are never over it. Realising it’s none of their business how you feel about them is a better indicator of progress.
DreamingBlue
United States of America

Post by DreamingBlue »

I sent it to my therapist instead of her!
Spadge100

Post by Spadge100 »

Great idea DreamingBlue and you have done well to find a therapist who understands a bit.
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

I want to get this book, Thanks- DreamingBlue! :)
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Thank you for sharing! Hope all is well!
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Bumping as it might be a useful read.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald