BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Fired Therapist

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Zsababy
United States of America

Re: Fired Therapist

Post by Zsababy »

Yes, licensed professionals can be horrendous, too. In another limerance group, someone told me they told their therapist about their limerance for them & now the therapist keeps texting them professing love, etc. He's about 25+ years older, too. Ick.

I was mostly looking at it from a punitive angle. But still, she shouldn't be practicing anything like therapy
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

Anyway, I hope it's ok to say as this is personal, but do let us know how this all turns out. As you can tell, I've been fascinated by this case. I have a former friend who's a life coach/ executive coach & I think her whole enterprise is kinda sketchy. She was always a bit sheisty.

I'm wondering, since she doesn't seem to have made good on her stupid two hour threat, if she'll just accept whatever you give her & fade away. Hope she does.
Asha999

Post by Asha999 »

Thanks for the support on this one an si will keep you posted. The threat happened Wednesday and nothing further has happened since, although my heart almost stopped when I had a fedex door tag (for something else) yesterday.

I can’t imagine she’s just going away altogether? The reasonable course would be to come up with a reasonable amount so I guess I have to be ready for her to be unreasonable. I discussed my steps with a friend who is a lawyer and she thinks my sending an cease and desist or anything else would just be an escalation so I have to just wait (and dread checking my phone or email).

Pretty sure I have plenty to at least get her investigated by the DOH. I may try to figure out who/how I deal with extortion so I can move right away on that. No actual lawyer will likely take this because it’s almost small claims territory for her, but I would need one to sue for the kinds of stuff I’ve got here.

Just waiting and hoping the worst thing I get is s demand letter.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I just had a thought. Does she have any personal identifying information for you other than like your address? Because you may be able to just ignore everything she sends and if it's sent to collections you can try to appeal to the collection agency. I did that with my last apartment complex and it was erased from my credit. Don't know if that might be helpful. Although I still recommend trying to go after her at this point.
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

My advice would be to focus on your games after which you can put a plan of attack together so to speak.

My guess is even she will realize that spilling the beans on you will ultimately kill her career. Can you imagine how that would look to the outside world? Someone who can't be trusted to keep confidential information confidential even with so-called permission? even with explicit permission, no one in their right mind would believe it's an okay thing to do to someone, airing dirty laundry. It looks and sounds vindictive from the get-go.

In short, sharing confidential information will kill anyone's career and/or land them behind bars.

Anyway, who knows how far she will go or what she will do? I certainly don't. She has already shared information with your friend by the sounds of it. What a mess.
Maybe ignore this forum for a few days as it will only add to your stress levels and keep old wounds fresh.

You can deal with her after the games.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

Ultimately, this comes down to power and control. In terms of the drama triangle, she is adopting the position of the persecutor and is trying to bully you into submission.

Best way to deal with the drama triangle is to not let emotions overrule your decisions and to hold firm boundaries.
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
Asha999

Post by Asha999 »

Drama triangle is right.

By way of update, I got another text on Monday am from former coach that she is meeting with her attorney the next day (Tuesday) and it is going to cost me a lot more than the $15 k originally asked for. Small claims in my state is $10k so wondering if she had to amp it up to justify the attorney. I told her to have her have the attorney contact me. I also contacted the department of health to figure out how to file a complaint.

It all escalated to the point I told my husband most of the story, but not the limerence. There was a convergence of things happening… once I learned about and understood my issue to be limerence and how it works that was enough to diminish it greatly… as is said in this site, it’s all my stuff and not the LO. It also greatly helped that I silenced the dang life coach who was constantly telling me to tell LO my feelings and that’s the path to love, my true self etc etc. she wasn’t pushing disclosure for limerence treatment, she was pushing that this was the real deal. I still see LO every day and am managing that interaction and my reaction to it. I don’t want to tell my husband about the LO, he’ll freak out it’s a same sex thing and not understand what I do now…. I have a lot of emotional needs that have never been met by anyone. They needed to attach to someone and that’s LO.

Hoping the drama sits status quo for another 10 days so I can approach my national championships with a clear mind and confidence, absolute requirements in my sport where it’s been a rocky road for me for months since this all started. The mess leaves me just shocked.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Good for you for standing your ground and investigating how to put in an official complaint.

As for sharing what you could with your partner, go you. Not that I'm advocating one needs to, but I disclosed to SO because I don't believe one should feel ashamed for falling limerent and addressing unmet childhood needs. If anything, it's something partners should be supporting, imo.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

If you wish, you can explain to your husband about limerance, but this is a bad time to do so. Like David &L-F have said, just focus on your upcoming sports challenge.

I think that stupid life coach is bluffing and trying to scare you. You did wise by telling her to have her attorney contact you. At the very least, you seem to have a solid case for extortion. She's also punishing you for firing her.

I was wondering the other day about her counseling by text & keeping all her clients' texts...I have never heard of any kind of counseling by text. I'm having an LCSW do some motivational therapy (like life coaching pretty much) and it's all over Zoom. I just idly wondered if she uses text to blackmail people with in general. Interesting that she has very wealthy clients, counsels in texts, & keeps all the texts...hmmm... interesting :-?
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Zsababy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:48 am I think that stupid life coach is bluffing and trying to scare you. You did wise by telling her to have her attorney contact you.
I thought that too.