BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Burning

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
itry

Re: Burning

Post by itry »

Hi everyone,
AMA, Spadge, mycorona...
I appreciate your response.

I am trying my best to focus on myself, my own life. Not so easy when you don't know how that is done, but I am trying!

Thanks again for your comments everyone, much appreciated.
marko
United States of America

Post by marko »

AMA nailed it. Once wounded you want love more than anything else, but it's you trying to do so through another. I can't correctly love anyone at this point--guess who else I loathe--me.
AMA210

Post by AMA210 »

marko wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:00 pm AMA nailed it. Once wounded you want love more than anything else, but it's you trying to do so through another. I can't correctly love anyone at this point--guess who else I loathe--me.
I appreciate this, Marko. Thanks for posting it. :)
Never give up! Keep moving forward, no matter what.
Hexatonic

Post by Hexatonic »

itry, you said "So no one wants my love. I just have to live with it all inside me, burning me to death I m sure"

I don't believe the first sentence -- it's just that it seems nearly impossible to find the person that you, I, and everyone else really truly clicks with (as opposed to an LO that is objectively wrong for you/I/all). This is why I sometimes get bitter when thinking how easy it is for some people to find a true love / have a great relationship with someone.

I was watching this video that David posted in a thread -- https://limerence.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7217 -- in which they talk about Jung and his theories, particularly synchronicity and the ego-self axis. So I was wondering if the LE is the self (unconscious mind) trying to snap us out of a debilitating experience (e.g. depression, great loss), or otherwise trying to get us to address suppressed issues. The latter would be similar to dealing with insecure attachment issues, but maybe more focused on other issues that maybe aren't directly related to childhood traumas. I don't know / not sure, just musing here a bit...

I used to write poetry when I was a young man as I found it cathartic in dealing with my angst related to romantic longings and unrequited love. When reading it now (after learning, a few months ago, what limerence is) most of it is clearly driven by the LE and a couple of LOs (also sometimes to an abstract woman / ideal lover). In some ways it was therapeutic to know that the LE is a common -- if undiagnosed, in terms of being unlabeled by most -- syndrome that we can't really control the onset of. But it was also disconcerting to realize then that the experience of "falling in love" is largely a myth, or a lie -- at least for the LS. What is love then?

Back to itry's quote I started off with... one of my poems has the following stanza:
But only now do I awake
to burn my heart for you

Here is a great quote I found in a book I read a while back; it's how I feel about my LO:

In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle our inner spirit.
– Albert Schweitzer