BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

The line between self care and self-discipline

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

The line between self care and self-discipline

Post by JupiterTaco »

I was just curious if there's any insight as to what that might be. I've always gone off the idea that if I'm not feeling well enough to do something I'm just going to suck at it if I force myself to do it so then I don't do it but I've got a bad habit of not doing things because I'm too tired not feeling well too mad too sad name it. I used to be so good at just getting stuff done that needed to be done.
She's not broken, she's just a baby. But her boyfriend's like a dad just like a dad-Lady Gaga, Alejandro
Daydreaming

Re: The line between self care and self-discipline

Post by Daydreaming »

I mentioned this today in my therapy session. I feel very tired and unmotivated to start any personal project. I suffer in anticipation and end up doing nothing, which also causes me suffering anyway.

The fog of LE and constant anguish that I've been feeling year after year has killed all my dreams and hopes for a future, so I avoid doing anything long-term that could make my life even more tiring. It has been very difficult to endure the stressful work routine while the intrusive thoughts constantly torture me.
There are sensations that are sleeps, that occupy like a mist the whole length of the spirit, that do not allow us to think, that do not allow us to act, that do not clearly allow us to be.
― Fernando Pessoa
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I totally get it
She's not broken, she's just a baby. But her boyfriend's like a dad just like a dad-Lady Gaga, Alejandro
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Hey, isn't self-discipline self-care?

That's the way I view it.

Came across this article which highlights how we learn self-discipline from our parents. If they aren't disciplined, how can they teach it? Interestingly, the article mentions "how might self-discipline be linked to childhood emotional neglect?"

https://www.michellehalle.com/blog/self ... discipline
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I just now saw this and remembered this thank you!