BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Meme/Quotes

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
L-F
United States of America

Re: Meme/Quotes

Post by L-F »

As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Today, I know, this is “AUTHENTICITY”.

As I began to love myself I understood how much it can offend somebody if I try to force my desires on this person, even though I knew the time was not right and the person was not ready for it, and even though this person was me. Today I call it “RESPECT”.

As I began to love myself I stopped craving for a different life, and I could see that everything that surrounded me was inviting me to grow. Today I call it “MATURITY”.

As I began to love myself I understood that at any circumstance, I am in the right place at the right time, and everything happens at the exactly right moment. So I could be calm. Today I call it “SELF-CONFIDENCE”.

As I began to love myself I quit stealing my own time, and I stopped designing huge projects for the future. Today, I only do what brings me joy and happiness, things I love to do and that make my heart cheer, and I do them in my own way and in my own rhythm. Today I call it “SIMPLICITY”.

As I began to love myself I freed myself of anything that is no good for my health – food, people, things, situations, and everything that drew me down and away from myself. At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism. Today I know it is “LOVE OF ONESELF”.

As I began to love myself I quit trying to always be right, and ever since I was wrong less of the time. Today I discovered that is “MODESTY”.

As I began to love myself I refused to go on living in the past and worrying about the future. Now, I only live for the moment, where everything is happening. Today I live each day, day by day, and I call it “FULFILLMENT”.

As I began to love myself I recognized that my mind can disturb me and it can make me sick. But as I connected it to my heart, my mind became a valuable ally. Today I call this connection “WISDOM OF THE HEART”.

We no longer need to fear arguments, confrontations or any kind of problems with ourselves or others. Even stars collide, and out of their crashing new worlds are born. Today I know “THAT IS LIFE”!

Charlie Chaplin
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

L-F wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:10 am As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Today, I know, this is “AUTHENTICITY”.

As I began to love myself I understood how much it can offend somebody if I try to force my desires on this person, even though I knew the time was not right and the person was not ready for it, and even though this person was me. Today I call it “RESPECT”.

As I began to love myself I stopped craving for a different life, and I could see that everything that surrounded me was inviting me to grow. Today I call it “MATURITY”.

As I began to love myself I understood that at any circumstance, I am in the right place at the right time, and everything happens at the exactly right moment. So I could be calm. Today I call it “SELF-CONFIDENCE”.

As I began to love myself I quit stealing my own time, and I stopped designing huge projects for the future. Today, I only do what brings me joy and happiness, things I love to do and that make my heart cheer, and I do them in my own way and in my own rhythm. Today I call it “SIMPLICITY”.

As I began to love myself I freed myself of anything that is no good for my health – food, people, things, situations, and everything that drew me down and away from myself. At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism. Today I know it is “LOVE OF ONESELF”.

As I began to love myself I quit trying to always be right, and ever since I was wrong less of the time. Today I discovered that is “MODESTY”.

As I began to love myself I refused to go on living in the past and worrying about the future. Now, I only live for the moment, where everything is happening. Today I live each day, day by day, and I call it “FULFILLMENT”.

As I began to love myself I recognized that my mind can disturb me and it can make me sick. But as I connected it to my heart, my mind became a valuable ally. Today I call this connection “WISDOM OF THE HEART”.

We no longer need to fear arguments, confrontations or any kind of problems with ourselves or others. Even stars collide, and out of their crashing new worlds are born. Today I know “THAT IS LIFE”!

Charlie Chaplin
@};- @};-
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

"Emotional discomfort, when accepted, rises, crests and falls in a series of waves. Each wave washes a part of us away and deposits treasures we never imagined. Out goes naivete, in comes wisdom; out goes anger, in comes discernment; out goes despair, in comes kindness. No one would call it easy, but the rhythm of emotional pain that we learn to tolerate is natural, constructive and expansive... The pain leaves you healthier than it found you."

Martha Beck
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Limerence has served me well...

"Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution."

Deepak Chopra
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

"We are all broken... that's how the light gets in"

Hemingway
IvB
Czech Republic

Post by IvB »

L-F wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:10 am Limerence has served me well...

"Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution."

Deepak Chopra
Indeed. While I could have done without all this pain, I am glad it showed me what needs fixing in my life.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

I release myself from the versions of me I created just to survive.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Conflict ?

If your adult EGO doesn't know how to resolve

then ask the child in you to remind yourself how to FORGIVE
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

“Man is a strange creature.
All his actions are motivated by desire, his character forged by pain.
As much as he may try to suppress that pain, to repress the desire, he cannot free himself from the eternal servitude to his feelings.
For as long as the storm rages within him, he cannot find peace.
Not in life, not in death.
And so he will do what he must, day in, day out.
The pain is his vessel, desire his compass.
It is all that man is capable of.”
Dark, Netflx
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Rest for a while, but don't stop

When I hold your hand and say "there, there, I understand your pain, I've been limerent", it might help for a while. It's always nice to have one's pain acknowledged.

But don't stop there, just rest awhile.

If I repeatedly reassure you, it's called enabling. It's safe, it's warm, and it mollifies the ego.

But don't stop there, just rest for a while.

The limerent ego is preserved in blaming fluid and is ravenous for LO's unwavering love. It is not the ego of LO that needs to be fed... instead, it's the limerent's. The limerent fantasy provides nourishment that keeps the ego satiated. Reality starves the ego.

But don't stop there, just rest awhile.

The ego, malnourished without LO's attention takes a swig of the blaming fluid. The cycle continues until the ego has drunk the last drop. With nowhere to go no one to blame, it cries out in pain, "Free me! Free me from this monstrous nightmare!"

Rest if you must. 

There comes a time when the jar that houses the ego needs to be dropped. Let it go. Let it smash into a thousand shards.

Just don't stop there. 

The ego struggling to adapt to reality as it oxygenates its lungs realizes something... air, like reality, is not as painful as the ego once thought. Inhaling deeply, it feels for the first time what it means to be free from blame and starvation.

The ego gently whispers... "I'm home."