BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Meme/Quotes

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
L-F
United States of America

Re: Memes

Post by L-F »

Not a meme, but a nice blurb from Oprah

"Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could be any different. And I know many of you, you think forgiving means accepting what has happened to you.
Well, it is accepting that it has happened to you, not accepting that it was okay for it to happen.
It is accepting that it has happened, and now, “What do I do about it?”
Forgiving is giving up the hope, not holding on wishing that it could have been any other way than it actually was.
Giving up the hope that the past could be any different.
And when I got that, I think it took me to the next level of being a better person, because I don't hold grudges for anything or any situation, and neither should you.
It is letting go so that the past does not hold you prisoner, does not hold you hostage. If you allow your past to define your present, then you never actually really get to live the life that you were meant to live, because you're always holding on to what was and always holding and defining yourself by what was or what should've been or what could've been."
Oprah

Forgiving someone of letting go of a past grudge is not a failure on your end. When you keep harping on a past hurt, you give that incident or the person who hurt you the power to continue negatively impacting you. Let go and forgive, and you will be happier for it.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
NVTS
Fiji

Post by NVTS »

Friend of mine shared this with me:

Feelings are like children in a car

You don’t want them driving

But you shouldn’t lock them in the trunk either!
When all else fails;
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I heard one in middle school that was along the lines of; feelings are like bananas. You can put them out of sight in a cupboard, but sooner or later you have to deal with them.
"Men are fooled so easily. Women wrelike spiders. They'll pull you into their webs and...wrap you up so tight you can hardly breathe," Griselda Blanco, Cocaine Godmother
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

"Y'all better stop disliking people over what you heard, and be thankful God isn't disliking you over what he knows".
Author Unknown
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Re: Meme/Quotes

Post by L-F »

"The idea that “I need to be happy” or “my child deserves to be happy” comes from a sense that the present moment is somehow lacking. In other words, we see our life through a lens of scarcity, noticing all the things we don’t have instead of the abundant way the universe provides for us. And so, as the Declaration of Independence sanctions, we set off in “the pursuit of happiness,” not realizing that this can never bring us happiness."
Shefali Tsabary, The Awakened Family: A Revolution in Parenting
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

"Withholding sex is the ultimate middle finger to a partner who has emotionally abandoned them" L-F
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

People in therapy are often in therapy to deal with the people in their lives who won't go to therapy.

Feedback is like a gift, accept it whatever it may be.
Whether you use it or not, is your decision.

Don't stress the could have.
If it should have it would have.

To the women who are labeled:
Aggressive - keep being assertive.
Bosy - keep on leading.
Difficult - keep telling the truth.
Too much - keep taking up space.
Awkward - keep asking hard questions.
Please don't shrink yourself to make people happy. Be yourself, you're beautiful that way.
Last edited by L-F on Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

How do you get a narcissist to heal?
Get them to love themselves.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

L-F wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:21 am How do you get a narcissist to heal?
Get them to love themselves.
Because narcs come from a place of pain
Heal that pain and you change the behavior
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

"I found an inner strength to fight for myself. It was clear that nobody else would."
Tehmina Durrani