BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Mental Illness Awareness Thread

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Mental Illness Awareness Thread

Post by JupiterTaco »

Last edited by JupiterTaco on Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Men are fooled so easily. Women wrelike spiders. They'll pull you into their webs and...wrap you up so tight you can hardly breathe," Griselda Blanco, Cocaine Godmother
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: Mental Illness Awareness Thread

Post by JupiterTaco »

If you have this kind of time, hours-long chase; this guy is a veteran with PTSD;

Last edited by JupiterTaco on Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Men are fooled so easily. Women wrelike spiders. They'll pull you into their webs and...wrap you up so tight you can hardly breathe," Griselda Blanco, Cocaine Godmother
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: Mental Health Thread

Post by JupiterTaco »

I want to reiterate the lack of mental health care in the U.S. intermountain west and how it can become problematic;

Colorado theater shooter James Eagan Holmes, diagnosed with a disorder related to schizophrenia;

https://www.cnn.com/2013/07/19/us/color ... index.html

Walmart shooter Scott Ostrem sentenced; his three victims were Hispanic and he is said to be racist. He lived with a stack of Bibles and had apparently sought help through a priest for the "demons" in his head. His stepsister claimed an LSD trip affected his brain years before;

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/10/19/s ... -shooting/
Last edited by JupiterTaco on Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: Mental Health Thread

Post by JupiterTaco »

"Insane" woman pushed girl onto train tracks.

https://www.nj.com/burlington/2017/11/w ... uilty.html

Also I've been trying to find it, but as of yet I can't find the case several years ago where a man had pushed a child onto subway tracks and it was found he'd been in and out of mental hospitals for years and despite being deemed a danger to himself and others, kept being released and had tried to plead for help.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Christina Eilman, bipolar woman arrested in Chicago while travelling; 10 Years Later;
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-c ... story.html

Here's an original article;
http://articles.latimes.com/2006/sep/05 ... a-plummet5

Revisiting the shooting of schizophrenic American Indian man by Denver Police;
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2 ... rican.html
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

I am not sure whether this is the right forum to make this post, you are free to take it down or report it if you feel its inappropriate. I read about Kelly Caitlin's suicide, and was very sad. She was 23, just a child , she was an Olympian track cyclist, a Violinist and a Graduate Student of Mathematics, she seems like a superhero to me. I cant , no one can know the reasons why she took her life, apparently she had suffered a crash and was having problems since then... its too painful to think that maybe she thought that she couldnt reach out for help, or that she couldnt recover from whatever it was that ailed her. I wish we could tell all the kids or young people that its okay to exist simply , not having it together sometimes. Again , im not saying i claim to know what went on in Kellys mind when she decided to take the step, nor do i judge her for it, but it is a loss to us living when a child decides to not go on.
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Idiotic wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:22 pm I am not sure whether this is the right forum to make this post, you are free to take it down or report it if you feel its inappropriate. I read about Kelly Caitlin's suicide, and was very sad. She was 23, just a child , she was an Olympian track cyclist, a Violinist and a Graduate Student of Mathematics, she seems like a superhero to me. I cant , no one can know the reasons why she took her life, apparently she had suffered a crash and was having problems since then... its too painful to think that maybe she thought that she couldnt reach out for help, or that she couldnt recover from whatever it was that ailed her. I wish we could tell all the kids or young people that its okay to exist simply , not having it together sometimes. Again , im not saying i claim to know what went on in Kellys mind when she decided to take the step, nor do i judge her for it, but it is a loss to us living when a child decides to not go on.
Depression is a huge problem. :(
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

NVTS
Fiji

Post by NVTS »

JT, just wanted to thank you for starting this thread. Psychiatric disorders are prevalent and in general taboo to some parts of society. I think it’s important to recognize and understand these brain disorders can be just as devastating as heart disease for example. As a matter of fact the board of mental disorders in the US is called the American Board of Neurology and Psychiatry.
When all else fails;
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!
JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux »

Again, at the risk of over-linking a favorite blogger, a recent post and excellent internal link regarding the roots and recovery options for so much of what the limerent is going through:

http://pairadocks.blogspot.com/ (specifically navigate to the November 13th, 2019 entry)

-and-

Thanks for starting the thread, JT!.....
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz