BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Was Chris Watts limerent?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Zsababy
United States of America

Re: Was Chris Watts limerent?

Post by Zsababy »

SierraM wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:03 am I don't know about the original question but mine was *not* about whether limerence would explain the acts. Clearly these individuals had other, more serious issues. My question was: are individuals who are clinically diagnosed with ASPD, or sociopaths/psychopaths, if you will, such as is clearly the case with Downs and Watts, also subject to limerence, as I think this peculiarity can shed some light on the condition of limerence itself for us "normal" people let's say. I think it's indeed interesting from a scientific perspective as it can contribute to understand who and who is not subject to limerence, which was a major point of Dorothy Tennov's book.
People can have several co-existing syndromes, mental illnesses and personality disorders & emotional problems. Sometimes people will have shades of a personality disorder that aren't full-blown, or they have syndromes that overlap or intersect in various detrimental ways. So there's really no reason that I can see where a person with anti-social personality disorder couldn't have limerance. I would imagine that they'd be a lot more aggressive & possessive, like stalking and having an attitude of "if I can't have you, nobody will". Like very frightening stuff up to and including murder.