BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Would Your Inner Child Like Your LO?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Would Your Inner Child Like Your LO?

Post by JupiterTaco »

I can say resounding no about my neighbor for very obvious reasons, which is interesting I guess. What about you?
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
WishMagick

Re: Would Your Inner Child Like Your LO?

Post by WishMagick »

Absolutely yes.

Back when we had a friendship forming we acted like children around each other. Who can be the goofiest and loudest and most random and weird? It was like a competition. And I'm not even competitive. He is, though. And he brings out my competitive nature.

That's probably why I like him so much. He reminds me of my inner child. Bold (but still incredibly shy), brave, dramatic and full of emotion. But, now we're both adults and we both suppress a lot of things. Sigh.
I'm now limerence free! Mindfulness & Traditional spiritualism was my "cure".
"Being spiritual has nothing to do with what you believe and everything to do with your state of consciousness."
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

That is an interesting question, JT!

I'm gonna say no on that one 😂

Kids like you to engage with them and pay attention to them, spend time together playing, etc...this may not be a fair assessment of him but I think he liked to talk a lot about being a fun dad and missing his kids being young (they're adults now). I doubt he's really like that. he'd be too focused on his next conquest vs actually being the family man. He spent a lot of time talking about wanting me and my kids to come fishing at his pond but that was all bs. Such a douche.

Please don't copy, thank you
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
Cookie
United States of America

Post by Cookie »

Yes, because he is a child. ;;)

Kids really love him. Grown ups? Not so much when they ask him to step up and be an adult in ANY conceivable way.

He described having lots of "fights" with his child, I think because he is not mature enough to parent or draw boundaries. They are peers.
Person
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Cookie wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:18 am Yes, because he is a child. ;;)
:))
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
Bluebell

Post by Bluebell »

Yes mine would. This is v strange but I will share incase anyone has experienced anything like it. When I was very young, 3 or 4 years, I had a voice that talked to me all the time, like an imaginary friend, he told me to do things, silly things like stack my books up. It wasn't a child's voice it was an adults. This sounds crazy I know, if anyone has any idea what this voice was please share. It was a man's voice that I could never recall but it is also familiar to me. I had totally forgotten this till I met LO and his voice reminded me of this childhood inner voice. Bizarre!
F 49
LO M 52 10yrs
NC 1yr +
'Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.'
NoDayDreaming

Post by NoDayDreaming »

Bluebell, that's bizarre alright. I had imaginary friends while a child but there were more like heros of the child movies and such and they looked and sounded like them. They didn't talk to me in voices, just participated in my conversation with them. It was all just a play. Just like later I would play chess with myself. Imagining my opponent didn't know of my plans. It didn't work well.

Coming back to my inner child liking the LO. Yes, because I was such a daydreamer, so she was too. She was a colorful personality and reminded me a bit my mom when she was in a good mood (histrionic personality?)
peter.rabbit
United States of America

Post by peter.rabbit »

My inner child loves her, my 'adult' self knows this is pointless and unhealthy.
Weak people revenge.
Strong people forgive.
Intelligent people ignore.
-Albert Einstein
Bluebell

Post by Bluebell »

Yes it is bizarre NoDayDreaming and I've been thinking about it since posting here. I think LO had something about him that triggered my inner child and strongly resembled whatever it was that was happening when I was a child. It may be that my LO just accidently fitted a regressed memory of something that made me feel safe. I had an early trauma so this voice in my head may have been my way of coping. More evidence perhaps that it is all about me and nothing to do with him.
Interestingly too, like you I did have a lot of imaginary conversations that were all me. I was and still am a huge daydreamer.
F 49
LO M 52 10yrs
NC 1yr +
'Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.'
NoDayDreaming

Post by NoDayDreaming »

Bluebell, daydreaming is a habit that can be eliminated. IMHO, this is the #1 cause for LE. try grounding techniques every-time you want to daydream. or fill yourself with positive emotions like love, compassion, faith, etc.
getting rid of daydreaming helped me so immensely (hence my name now).