BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

What are your limerence-rituals and how do you manage them?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
itry

What are your limerence-rituals and how do you manage them?

Post by itry »

(deleted)
Last edited by itry on Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
IvB
Czech Republic

Re: What are your limerence-rituals and how do you manage them?

Post by IvB »

Checking when he's last been online, indeed. As you say in your other post, try to delay it. I told myself I will only check every second day. Then at some point you start thinking that it would be a pity to check now, when you already managed 24 hours and you will manage 48 h.
It also helped me to think that if he sees that I haven't been online in a while, he will think that I don't care about him anymore (I know, it's a nonsense, he doesn't care when I am online, but still, my lim says he does) and that's a win for me.
itry

Post by itry »

(deleted)
Last edited by itry on Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spadge100

Post by Spadge100 »

You will itry. I haven’t checked on social media for a while now and keeping the block firmly on.

Someone on here (I can’t remember who) recommended watching the social dilemma on Netflix and it’s really good, explaining how social media uses all the same hooks as fruit machines.

I only keep one picture of my LO and me together where she doesn’t look so good. I can cope with seeing that one sometimes.

My new ritual is checking the forums on here now! It feels safer and allows me to be open and honest with others who have been or are going through it.

Stay strong and maybe take IvBs advice and go 24, 48, 72 hours etc.. it must have been a lot less likely to stay limerent in the past without having reminders out there that can be checked in an instant without the other one knowing?
itry

Post by itry »

(deleted)
Spadge100

Post by Spadge100 »

Indeed we do itry and thanks for checking in.

Absence has definitely made the heart feel fonder today unfortunately.

It’s certainly a rollercoaster and wish I could put my finger on the triggers. Nothing in particular caused it but I have certainly been preoccupied with the melancholy that our paths shouldn’t cross again. It’s strange, yesterday I was at peace with that and glad in a way that we shouldn’t have contact again as that would mean we had both been through heartache, yet today I found myself longing.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings! Definitely planning some exercise in around work to at least have some positive focus.

Here’s to tomorrow!! :)
IvB
Czech Republic

Post by IvB »

I imagine this as a drug addiction. When you stop (start NC, stop social media checking), you get the withdrawal effects and the first day or two it feels impossible and you want your fix. And then at some point this cloud lifts a little and you realize you are feeling calmer and capable to go on. And maybe at that moment you don't want to ruin it by going back to it.
Btw I never tried any drugs :D
And agree with Spadge, I check this forum instead.

And really, Romeo and Juliet, the big love story you think was just a limerence?? I start doubting everything now... :D
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

IvB wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:57 am And really, Romeo and Juliet, the big love story you think was just a limerence?? I start doubting everything now... :D
Of course it was
Both were teenagers
And Romeo just getting over his "love" for another girl
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
itry

Post by itry »

(deleted)
Spadge100

Post by Spadge100 »

Me and my LO used to joke and say “why are we behaving like teenagers?” It’s so true, like having a personality lobotomy!!

And yes I can attest to it being exactly an addiction. Having previously been a gambling addict it illicits all the same feelings. The rush of thinking you might “win” followed by the inevitable crash when it doesn’t work out.

But today is going to be a good day!! 😀😀