BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Can you induce transference?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
itry

Can you induce transference?

Post by itry »

Last edited by itry on Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hurt SO

Re: Can you induce transference?

Post by Hurt SO »

Absolutely,yes.
LS can change of LO,in different circunstances:
LS discover that LO are not perfect,the relationship is impossible,LO rejects them,SO discover LO(the secret fantasy has been broken,L must be stop drastically),etc...
The transference of L,is also possible,from LO to SO,trough jealousy.-like in my case-,but the glam and fear disappear soon.The reality ends Up imposing.
Hurt SO

Post by Hurt SO »

Dorothy Tennov wrote that it's impossible yo have two LO simultaneosly.And that L finish with:consummation,extinction or transference.
MrSpock
Argentina

Post by MrSpock »

Hurt SO wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:43 pm Dorothy Tennov wrote that it's impossible yo have two LO simultaneosly.And that L finish with:consummation,extinction or transference.
As Galileo would say "E pur si muove" (And yet it moves) :)

I had two simultaneous LOs for about a 8 months or so... there was no transfer, just an addition. And is not joke.
Limerence for the second LO did banish as quickly as it came though (less than a year).
itry

Post by itry »

Illusion

Post by Illusion »

itry.
I've been wondering the same. In my case, rather than fight my LE by trying to put up my own mental barriers (trying to convince myself that LO is a friend, no more, nothing more is impossible and nothing more will never happen) that I would reverse course 180 degrees, identify a new LO and run headlong towards that person thereby replacing my current LO with a new one. The new LO would be definitely unattainable so I'm hoping is more manageable.
IvB
Czech Republic

Post by IvB »

Interesting question. I kind of tried this, there is another guy in our office (by coincidence LO's good friend) whom I definitely could feel something for, the thing is he doesn't encourage me the way LO did (he is happily in relationship) and I think my LE got triggered exactly because of the encouragement I got from LO. So even though I like this other guy and try to think of him, one thought of LO and my heart aches again and forgets this other guy.
So it would be interesting to know what would happen if he encouraged me but better not to find out, imagine going through this hell again/double...
itry

Post by itry »

Spadge100

Post by Spadge100 »

God I hope so Itry! I can recognise times in my dim and distant past where I have had crushes or bad breakups without closure that took a little while to process but nothing quite like this episode.

I would like to think I would run a mile quickly and early if it was ever going to happen again. I guess one learning from this episode for me is if there is the slightest hint of a glimmer and you have an SO, then run as fast as you can away from it!! 😃
MrSpock
Argentina

Post by MrSpock »

itry wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:50 am @MrSpock "...no transfer, just an addition" ... sounds even more scary!
Interesting how your limerence for the second LO didn't last long.
It might have been a common crush, you think?
It was a common crush for year or so, but then all of the sudden turned into limerence.
I had the usual intrusive thinking, the longing, the pain and anxiety of separation, all of that.
And it was kind of crazy because I would be like that for LO-A 24/7, BUT, right after I saw LO-B, it was all that but for this other girl instead, and lasted for about 2 days.
Perhaps a way to describe it is that it was kind of a constantly bouncing transference. I didn't feel for both at the same time, but I alternated, or bounced back to LO-A, in about 2 days every week.

I should clarify though that limerence has levels of intensity, and, LO-B was Level 1.
LO-A has always been Level Infinite ;)
Just to think that I haven't seen her in 10 months and I still have to fight her off my head every single day 8-|