BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Part of letting go ~ Dr Edith Eger

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
mamasita

Part of letting go ~ Dr Edith Eger

Post by mamasita »

Hello,

I found this quote from Dr. Edith Eger fascinating, factual, and helpful in regards to limerence. I also listened to her podcast with Brene Brown here.

https://brenebrown.com/podcast/brene-wi ... ADMuqMug6M

When Dr. Edith Eger was 16 years old, her family was sent to Auschwitz concentration camp. Her parents were murdered the day they arrived. Dr. Eger was pulled from a pile of corpses when the camp was liberated in 1945. She's dedicated her life to finding her freedom and dedicated her career to helping us understand trauma, healing, and the power of the human spirit.

"Change is about interrupting the habits and patterns that no longer serve us. If you want to meaningfully alter your life, you don't simply abandon a dysfunctional habit or belief; you replace it with a healthy one. You choose what you're moving toward. You find an arrow and follow it. As you begin your journey, it's important to reflect not only on what you'd like to be free from, but on what you want to be free to do or become."
Aysheal
France

Re: Part of letting go ~ Dr Edith Eger

Post by Aysheal »

This is inspiring and so true! I love Brené Brown’s podcasts, I will listen to this one, thank you so much!
I’ve been L several times. It didn’t last long bc I got all flustered in front of my LO: it was so unpleasant I quickly got over it. This time, my LO is an actor, I’ve no chance to be in contact with him and the LE has been going on for almost 2 years.
mamasita

Post by mamasita »

Glad you like Brene Brown, me too! Dr. Eger's quote really spoke to me as well.
Nowords

Post by Nowords »

Thank you for sharing this. It really helped me.
-----
“A thing can be true and not the truth,”
― Kristin Hannah, The Great Alone
Aysheal
France

Post by Aysheal »

I listened to the podcast yesterday. There's so much love in Dr Eger’s voice and words!
I felt soothed listening to her. It’s a great podcast.
I’ve been L several times. It didn’t last long bc I got all flustered in front of my LO: it was so unpleasant I quickly got over it. This time, my LO is an actor, I’ve no chance to be in contact with him and the LE has been going on for almost 2 years.