BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Jealousy

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Alice
Great Britain

Jealousy

Post by Alice »

Hi guys,

So LO has gone on holiday with his gf today and it’s hit me hard. I keep picturing them having a perfect time and wishing it was me there with him instead.
I 100% know that can never happen, he’s 10 years younger than me, I have a SO who I have a brilliant marriage with and the feelings are not reciprocated with LO. But it HURTS.

I’m still reliving the kiss we had about 6 weeks ago… he’s on holiday not thinking of me at all.
Why her and not me, what does she have that I don’t? Rationally it’s obvious, she’s 27 and can give him a future. I’m 40 and married with a child, mortgage and stretch marks.

But it absolutely HURTS. 🙁
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: Jealousy

Post by JupiterTaco »

How many times can you look back and acknowledge that experience and dynamic with other people?
"Men are fooled so easily. Women wrelike spiders. They'll pull you into their webs and...wrap you up so tight you can hardly breathe," Griselda Blanco, Cocaine Godmother
Alice
Great Britain

Post by Alice »

JupiterTaco wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:59 pm How many times can you look back and acknowledge that experience and dynamic with other people?
Yes lots. My LO is my sports coach and my last LO was my previous one…..

The comparisons with others runs deep too, I was insecure in the beginning of my relationship with SO about how I compared to his exes.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

That would do it. What about your parents?
"Men are fooled so easily. Women wrelike spiders. They'll pull you into their webs and...wrap you up so tight you can hardly breathe," Griselda Blanco, Cocaine Godmother
Alice
Great Britain

Post by Alice »

JupiterTaco wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:54 pm That would do it. What about your parents?
I’m an only child with a need to feel “special “.

Oh god I’m a cliche!
peter.rabbit
United States of America

Post by peter.rabbit »

Alice wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:47 pm I’m still reliving the kiss we had about 6 weeks ago…
Oh my, if I shared a kiss with my LO I wouldn't be able to walk-talk-eat-sleep and would need a round the clock caregiver!
Weak people revenge.
Strong people forgive.
Intelligent people ignore.
-Albert Einstein
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Sorry you are hurting Alice. That's a painful situation to be in.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Alice
Great Britain

Post by Alice »

peter.rabbit wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:53 pm
Alice wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:47 pm I’m still reliving the kiss we had about 6 weeks ago…
Oh my, if I shared a kiss with my LO I wouldn't be able to walk-talk-eat-sleep and would need a round the clock caregiver!
Yes we were both very drunk and agreed to put it behind us, but obviously that’s easier for him than me!
The insecure / anxious attachment style I have with him is bad enough as “friends”, if we were in a relationship I’d be an absolute mess! He’s naturally very flirty and owns the gym I go to, I don’t know how the gf isn’t an anxious mess but she’s clearly a lot more secure than I am! Or naive……
Alice
Great Britain

Post by Alice »

Ah so LOs gf has just posted a picture of them on Instagram looking happy and gorgeous, and it’s broken my heart 💔

I’ve muted her but I can’t unsee it. He’s already text me from his hol and it’s only day 1.
Red wine it is then.
peter.rabbit
United States of America

Post by peter.rabbit »

Alice wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:29 am
peter.rabbit wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:53 pm
Yes we were both very drunk and agreed to put it behind us, but obviously that’s easier for him than me!
The insecure / anxious attachment style I have with him is bad enough as “friends”, if we were in a relationship I’d be an absolute mess! He’s naturally very flirty and owns the gym I go to, I don’t know how the gf isn’t an anxious mess but she’s clearly a lot more secure than I am! Or naive……
Years ago I did that with an LO, which became the start of an affair....long, painful story<sigh>
Weak people revenge.
Strong people forgive.
Intelligent people ignore.
-Albert Einstein