BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Limerence finally getting mainstream attention

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Limerence finally getting mainstream attention

Post by David »

From the bbc website

I think it can be watched where ever you are

https://www.bbc.co.uk/reel/video/p09x7x ... of-the-us-
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
L-F
United States of America

Re: Limerence finally getting mainstream attention

Post by L-F »

It sure is! I'm almost getting sick of it =))
Next minute it'll be overused, simplified and banided about like NPD.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

I notice gaslighting is all over the media, too. For awhile it was sociopathy, a couple years back
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Maybe now they'll come up with a psychological term for someone harassing you endlessly about work... =))
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

I believe that's workplace bullying & mobbing. There are self-help books on Amazon. Emotional Vampires at Work is one. True, you're just going to be labelling people & maybe not get deep insights into them, but you're just trying to work together, not marry them. I had one boss that sucked the life out of me by constantly talking & being very moody & unstable (she'd tantrum & once or twice cried-- she needed therapy badly). I ended up quitting when manic; there were several very problematic people & though it was the highest level & best paid job I'd had & I had a corner office to myself, she kept barging in and dumping. She also took credit for my ideas with the Board of Directors, and the annoying board of directors used to pester people with 3am emails about non-urgent questions. Leaving was the only solution.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

JupiterTaco wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:22 pm Maybe now they'll come up with a psychological term for someone harassing you endlessly about work... =))
Tell me more JT. Are you talking about workplace bullying or being someone's LO? Which in my opinion is the same thing.
If so, speak to management.
Or, perhaps you're talking about someone who likes talking shop?
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

L-F wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:23 pm
JupiterTaco wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:22 pm Maybe now they'll come up with a psychological term for someone harassing you endlessly about work... =))
Tell me more JT. Are you talking about workplace bullying or being someone's LO? Which in my opinion is the same thing.
If so, speak to management.
Or, perhaps you're talking about someone who likes talking shop?
No, it's my mother, she nags me endlessly about work. She interrogates me endlessly about when I'm working, what I'm doing, etc. I don't owe her any money that's not the problem. =))
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Sounds like a typical mother to me. If it wasn't work im sure it would be something else.