BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Great video explaining why we're prone to limerence

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
JP54
United States of America

Great video explaining why we're prone to limerence

Post by JP54 »

This is IMHO of course. Long video but full of shocking thruths for me. In short, childhood trauma or anxious attachment style sets us up for a life long codependent relationships and other addictive behaviours. She doesn't mention limerance per se, but me thinks it's a peculiar form of codependency and addiction and most what she says applies to us all.

Good luck everyone!. The first step is awereness. 🤗

Linky:
"Stop showing up for people who are indifferent to your presence. Stop loving people who aren't ready to love you." ~Sir Anthony Hopkins
L-F
United States of America

Re: Great video explaining why we're prone to limerence

Post by L-F »

JP54 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:52 pm The first step is awereness.
As with everything in life. Thanks for the link!
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
peter.rabbit
United States of America

Post by peter.rabbit »

Looks to be an interesting video, have it in my Watch Later list for when I use my treadmill.

In reading the OP and googling for definitions I realized that my understanding and use of the term "codependent relationships" may be inaccurate. Perhaps "co-addiction" is more appropriate to describe my [major] past LE.
Weak people revenge.
Strong people forgive.
Intelligent people ignore.
-Albert Einstein
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Perhaps
Comorbidity.
Or multimorbidity.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
peter.rabbit
United States of America

Post by peter.rabbit »

L-F wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:36 pm Perhaps
Comorbidity.
Or multimorbidity.
Sounds like when someone has 2 or more diseases, for example HIV and Hep C.

...what I'm trying to describe is two hell-bound souls hopelessly attached to each other through their mutual mental condition.
Weak people revenge.
Strong people forgive.
-Albert Einstein
JP54
United States of America

Post by JP54 »

peter.rabbit wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:50 pm
...what I'm trying to describe is two hell-bound souls hopelessly attached to each other through their mutual mental condition.
You're right Peter. It's codependency alright. I have it with my SO and it's making our life miserable, but we're making a progress.

At the same time i have been prone to limerance and i think there is clearly a connection. Take a listen to the video and see if it resonates with you. For me, it resonates like crazy. Almost scary.

BTW, codepence means different things these days. It used to be a spouse of chemically dependent person who enebled the addiction.
"Stop showing up for people who are indifferent to your presence. Stop loving people who aren't ready to love you." ~Sir Anthony Hopkins
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

peter.rabbit wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:50 pm ...what I'm trying to describe is two hell-bound souls hopelessly attached to each other through their mutual mental condition.
Woundmates. David has written a shyte load on this and codependency, among other things. I looked up your posts JP54, very interesting read in the members section.
JP54
United States of America

Post by JP54 »

L-F wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:44 pm I looked up your posts JP54, very interesting read in the members section.
Thanks a lot LF for you kind words. Do you mean my reviews on limerence books? They helped me tremendously even though I was past the worst of the LE. They helped me to understand the process and prevented me from falling into the trap afterwards.
I still suffer from addictive personality and complex ptsd. But that's a different story altogether.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Happy it has helped you.

Check out what David and other members have posted on this topic, along with other approaches. I'm sure you'll be elevated to a new level of awareness.

Codependency & beyond
http://www.limerence.net/forum/viewtopi ... ency#p9456

Codependency & Limerence
http://www.limerence.net/forum/viewtopi ... ency#p9632

Codependent & Narcissistic
http://www.limerence.net/forum/viewtopi ... ent#p29820

Book about Codependent & Narcissistic Dance
http://www.limerence.net/forum/viewtopi ... ent#p25639

Oh my gosh, the list is endless on here! What's especially good is hearing limerents talk about their experiences; how they have been impacted and what they did to help themselves. So valuable IMO!

All the best on your journey towards healing.
peter.rabbit
United States of America

Post by peter.rabbit »

L-F wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:44 pm
peter.rabbit wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:50 pm ...what I'm trying to describe is two hell-bound souls hopelessly attached to each other through their mutual mental condition.
Woundmates. David has written a shyte load on this and codependency, among other things. I looked up your posts JP54, very interesting read in the members section.
Woundmates, exactly.
Weak people revenge.
Strong people forgive.
-Albert Einstein