BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Podcasts

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
L-F
United States of America

Podcasts

Post by L-F »

You may know of some, I don't because, well, I'm well and truly over limerence so don't feel the need to research it any more. I'm only hanging out here, but who knows, I may even start a podcast.

The point of posting. There are many experts on limerence, and that's cool, however, I would urge you to check them out to see if they have experienced and most importantly, overcome limerence. I would only trust someone if they were willing to talk about their limerence experience (LE) and all the gory embarrassing parts of it, without SHAME.

You are more than welcome to list some good podcasts here. I don't know if David has a podcast (again, haven't looked into it).

It doesn't matter what book you read, or who you listen to, the important factors are, in my view, is if they are no longer limerent and how open and honest are they with it.
How did they deal with transference and countertransference, what their thoughts are of finding another LO to transfer their limerence on to (if they think this was a good idea I would run for the hills), and what are their expectations are for a limerent-free future?
If they are one-dimensional regarding the subject (lacking depth), aka only talking about the psychological aspect, or neurological aspect, or emotional aspect, or physiological aspect, or spiritual aspect, etc, then I'd still run for the hills.
An expert should be well grounded and versed is various aspects (not only their field of expertise) because then you know they have a real grasp on it.

All the best!
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: Podcasts

Post by David »

Great post and one i wholeheartedly agree with.

Many therapists in my judgement hide behind the shield of being a blank screen for their clients and dont talk about their own lived experiences. I personally benefit most from reading/listening/watching real person accounts of how they have worked through their own issues.

I did do a podcast for a while - found it too labour intensive. Whoknows, maybe one day ill start it up again.
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

I hope you do end up doing podcasts David. Would be interesting. Didn't know they were labour intensive.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

L-F wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:46 pm I hope you do end up doing podcasts David. Would be interesting. Didn't know they were labour intensive.
The labour intensive part is getting Ruth to soit down with me to do the recordings! Id want to do them on all things relating to relationships, not just limerence.
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence