BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

My story

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
L-F
United States of America

Re: My story

Post by L-F »

Fiddlestickgoddess wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:37 pm These strategies have kept us safe and it takes corrective, loving experiences to heal.
Totally agree with. Especially when unaware of why one does what they do.
On the other hand, I'm talking about being aware and choosing the easier or more pleasurable path.
I know I'm lazy because trying to uncover all there is to uncover and rewire my brain at the same time... Nah. I'm happy being dysfunctional. Understanding and acceptance has helped. I'm also aware of dysfunctional patterns in others (who happened to be responsible for passing poor relational behaviour down the family tree), and, I'm okay with them too! True unconditional acceptance of their f'd-upness. To be honest, don't think I'd want to change them - not that I could, but if I could, I'm weirdly okay with how life shaped them. Intergenerational trauma is a b!t_h.

Not trying to belittle trauma work. I also work in that space, I'm only talking from my experiences and conclusions on this thing called life.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Fiddlestickgoddess

Post by Fiddlestickgoddess »

Last edited by Fiddlestickgoddess on Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fiddlestickgoddess

Post by Fiddlestickgoddess »

L-F wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:10 am
Fiddlestickgoddess wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:37 pm
I'm only talking from my experiences and conclusions on this thing called life.
Heard, understood, & relate. We need to chill sometimes, can’t always be diving into the abyss and rewiring our nervous systems. It’s a bit much. Amen re intergenerational trauma. This stuff feels centuries old.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Lol... Centuries old

Adding I don't counsel people, nope, too f up for that! :D

Enjoyed this discussion.

Thanks for sharing a bit more about your LE!
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

Thanks for posting more about your story and situation, I enjoy reading about the myriad of circumstances that brings people onto this site.

I sometimes think we get too wrapped up in the labels especially those in the therapeutic world. It doesn’t matter whether it’s Limerence, unrequited love, love addiction, romance addiction. It all leads to pain when the other person doesn’t have the same level of commitment as we do. Or perhaps there are other barriers to consummating the relationship.

It sounds like you have a good understanding of yourself and the reasons why we develop erotic feelings for other people . I don’t think we have all the answers as to why we as humans sometimes get caught in these storms. For Me one of the biggest lessons of Limerence was learning to develop self compassion and understanding it’s okay to have feelings erotic for other people even though at times these can’t be consummated If I choose to stay in a committed monogamous relationship.

I can see how frustrating it would be though if both parties were available for a relationship and yet one felt more desire than the other. Limerence in that situation must be pretty tough.
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

I hope you visit again Fiddlestickgodess!

To sum up in an eloquent yet simplistic quote by Søren Kierkegaard, "Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are.". This is what I mean by acceptance. When we understand who we are, we become empowered. When we understand who others are, we become empathetic and boundaried.

David wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:19 am I don’t think we have all the answers as to why we as humans sometimes get caught in these storms. For Me, one of the biggest lessons of Limerence was learning to develop self compassion
To become more compassionate towards self is a great lesson to learn. limerence can lead to positive outcomes.